“Dining at Little Palm”

Cuisines: French, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pirates Rd.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Unfortunately, we were only able to dine on the beach a couple of nights because of a weather front, but even indoor dining was wonderful. The food was delicious and the staff warm and personable.

2  Thank Schlegelmilch

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Love Little Palm Island and all it has to offer! Pricey but worth it! Fantastic food and atmosphere and scenery

1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed March 1, 2013

You must make this a destination if you are a foodie who enjoys first class, white glove service and food. My wife and I put it on our bucket list a year or so ago after discovering it on one of our journeys from the Mother Ship (actually our hotel) in Key West. Our schedule limited us to lunch but we validated all the wonderful TripAdvisor reviews that have preceded this one. The ambiance and extraordinary service made every cent of this rather expensive experience worth while. The presentation was almost the trip.
It is truly an escape from reality. We have been spoiled by wonderful food and service at properties around the world, but Little Palm Island is a contender for one at the top.
My luncheon starter was a coconut conch chowder that initially caused me concern because I eaten my share of dishes where coconut has overpowered the core but our server assured me it was merely a subtle flavor (coconut milk) infused with the entire recipe. She was right on the mark and I enjoyed every spoonful of this wonderful chowder (and I LOVE conch chowder). I even requested a copy of the recipe and can't wait to try it at home.
Our mains consisted of sandwiches: mine was a delightful Cuban ham and cheese variation that was served with side of potato salad made with four (or five?) potato variants. My wife's tuna salad sandwich consisted of a huge, rounded scoop of tuna salad served on a lettuce and tomato base between portions of a fresh baked five grain roll. MMMMMmmmmm.
Dessert was a three scoop vanilla ice cream delight with each scoop served on a chocolate truffle cookie and drizzled with caramel. Each creamy scoop was cradled in its own depression on a single serving plate. Oh my goodness...delicious.
The boat trip back to the mainland with our Central Casting boat captain, had me checking for my passport because I was so relaxed and knew I was headed back to the Conch Republic and another world.

1  Thank skipmays
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Beautiful boat ride..3 miles out to Little Palm Island. It is a sanctuary of beauty and peacefulness!! We were greeted immediately and welcomed to the Island. It 's like stepping out of the stress of everyday life to a peaceful escape. Food and service were outstanding. Key deer roam the property and birds abound. Reservations are an absolute necessary and well worth the effort.

1  Thank billanddar
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Felt like a celebrity at least for a few hours! Ferry to the island...you feel as if you are arriving in Tahiti. 90' yacht moored and that started the fun. Who could it be? We had lunch outside and the wait staff was first rate. You can expect to dig into the wallet but it's not your every day experience. Beautiful setting, on the water, light breezes and delicious food and drink. I'm ready to go back.

1  Thank Marlene S