“Outstanding service and the place is beautiful.”
Review of Parmer's Resort

Parmer's Resort
Key West
“Outstanding service and the place is beautiful.”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I have stayed at Parmer's Resort several times and have recommended it to many others, who also loved it there. The resort is in the Florida Keys, right on the water where you can dock your boat. I love swinging in one of the many hammocks and just enjoying the view. The place is super clean, the grounds are meticulous and the staff treats you like a long lost friend. The rooms range from small to two floor suites so go on line to pick the room that's right for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Calgary Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I have waited for a month to write my comments and relate our experience we had at Parmers resort from October 15 to October 30. The reason for the delay was to allow some time to pass an for me to fully reflect on the most enjoyable holiday that my wife and I have had in 25 years. Hawaii will not see my Visa card again.
We found out about Parmers on the website and called to get the details and find out as much as we could. My initial contact was with Brad and he proved to be most helpful and convinced me it would be worthwhile to try them out. I spoke with him a number of times before our departure, sorting out the room and other details. He was always happy to help and as it turns out, the whole experience exceeded our expectations. I also spoke with Rick on a couple of occasions about fishing and he was most helpful with his suggestions for what to bring.
Upon arriving late in the evening we were pleased to find our key in the spot where we were told it would be and our room all in order with the air conditioner turned on. Sandy, the general manager, is passionate about her resort and that was continually reflected in every detail. Everybody was full of suggestions as to what we might enjoy seeing or things to do. The place is exceptionally clean and very well organized. Sandy and her wonderful staff at Parmers more than met all of our expectations. We stayed for a full two weeks and every day was better than the last. We have booked for a month next fall and we can’t wait.
The room was clean and quiet, the grounds and pool were beautifully kept. We still talk about how happy friendly and helpful everybody was. Joe, the maintenance manager, was very generous with his time and expertise when it came to making sure that we had many exciting fishing experiences. I still can’t believe the fish we caught and the size and variety were just bizarre. You should have a chat with Brad about the history of the area. He is a walking book of knowledge and happy to share his experience and stories with you.
Don’t go to Parmers expecting a luxury 5 star resort. If you want a wonderful low key relaxing tropical seaside experience this is the place. For your family and kids or a fishing trip with friends, you can’t beat it. Parmers is close enough to Key West to be handy but far enough away to be able to steer clear of the touristy hub bub, about 30 minutes drive. Grocery stores and tackle shops and a great seafood shop are only a few minutes away. Make sure you hit the Square Grouper, Boondocks, and The Wharf. All three are great restaurants, serve fabulous food and have super friendly people. Purchase a large scale map and speak with Brad. There are many interesting out of the way places to explore just off the main road, and you would never see them unless you ask. Rent a boat or kayak, bring your mask and snorkel and have Parmers staff recommend a guide to take you out. It is well worth while and truly topped off our Little Torch Key experience. We already have a list of things to do when we get back, two weeks was not enough time to even begin to take in all the things that are there to see and do.

Jay, Sandy, Brad, Joe, Rick, and all the rest of the Parmers family, thank you, we can’t wait to get back.

Pete and Judy

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Parmer's Resort so much that we are thinking about returning. The rooms are clean & comfortable, the sunrise & sunset views are magnificent, the grounds are well kept and beautiful. We especially liked the continental breakfast every morning.

Linda & Frank Esposito

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dorset, UK
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed here for nearly 2 weeks visiting family near by. Arrived late and tired and accepted room allocated but asked to be moved next morning. First room dark and oppressive. 2nd room upstairs much better; light and with some sort of view although it had an intercommunicating door with next door which makes me uncomfortable!

The main thing about Parmer's is the cleanliness. Rooms spotless and grounds the same. Very nice pool which we overlooked. The only problem with being right by the pool is that 2 nights running, over Fantasy Fest weekend, we were kept awake by people in the pool 1 - 4 am. Two other nights (not over the weekend) people on balconies shouting into the night.

Despite this, we would stay here again, try to get a room away from the pool and avoid special weekends. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, with plenty of fruit available.

Sanford, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I was attending an event in Key West and since I was travelling alone without the rest of my family, I didn't want to spend $200 for a hotel room in Key West, rather I thought I'd stay somewhere down in the lower keys and drive to/from Key West to attend the function I was there for. I chose to stay in the Lobster Room at Parmers for $99/night. Upon my arrival, I was told that since I was a AAA member, it would only cost me $89/night instead of the $99 I was quoted when I booked my room. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay at Parmer's, as it met my needs for a very attractive price. Staff was very friendly and attentive, plus my room rate included a free continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a clean, no-frills hotel in the lower keys. I will definetly stay there again when I am in need of a hotel room in the lower keys.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
fort myers fl
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed for four nights. The staff made us feel so welcome and comfortable almost like we were family. They let us see the room before we checked in and that was really nice so there were no suprises. Our room was very clean and the beds were pretty darn comfy. Nice quiet AC that cooled the room down just right. Our room faced the water and we really enjoyed just sitting on our porch watching the birds and the boating activity that was going on in the marina area. We brought our waverunner, we were able to launch it at Parmers and had some great rides directly in front of their place. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast, a little nicer than the average you would find at chain hotels.We used the pool a couple of times, it was very clean and situated right in the middle of the property, easy acces from our room or any. Lots of shade here to rest and enjoy the outside without being too hot. We had several poolside cocktails ( we brought our own-no bar) and enjoyed just laying around. This resort is not on US 1 it is down a side road, which makes it nice and quiet with great acces to a deep water channel. The entire property is well maintained, clean and comfortable. I would definetly recomend this for anyone looking for a great Keys vacation. We have 3 kids and will bring them with us next time for a family vacation. Oh and try Boondocks restaurant its close by and really good food and atmosphere.

Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We really enjoyed our three night stay at Parmer's. The staff was friendly and it is in a nice central location; only about 30 minutes from Key West, but far enough away for the quiet we wanted. We didn't get a chance to try the continental breakfast, although I did use the pool which I rarely do at hotels, but this one was warm, clean and inviting. If you are looking for a party, this is not the place to stay, but if you enjoy kayaking, fishing, and other outdoor activities, it's perfect.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa,...
#1 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Parmer's Resort? Share your experiences!