“A Wonderful Family Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parmer's Resort

Parmer's Resort
Kingston, Ontario
“A Wonderful Family Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

We arrived at Parmer's on March 13, 2009 and we stayed five days. Our accomodation, called The Wahoo was very clean and we situated right beside the ocean. Each day we were greeted by glorious sunrises. The staff were very friendly and gave us great tips on what to see and where to eat. Our girls loved the pool and the grounds. Parmer's location was central, about 35 minutes from Key West, but very close to a great beach at Bahia Honda and conservation areas on Big Pine Key.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

We've stayed at this place for 1 week each of the last 2 years and hopefully will return often.

Parmers has a great atmosphere and location. The people are very friendly, informative and layed back. It is a beautiful spot on the water close to good fishing from land at No Name Key (you can also fish from the dock at the hotel), and convenient to fishing trips and snorkeling at Looe Key which was spectacular. Also you can go on kayaking rrips from nearby into the backcountry (we went from No Name Key) and is close to a nice beach and state park at Bahia Honda.

I think that all of the rooms and cabins have decks facing the water and I saw a couple beautiful sunrises when I got up early enough. It's a very quiet, relaxing place to be but with alot of water activities nearby. It's also only about 30 - 40 minutes from Key West so we enjoyed having access and exploring there several afternoons and then returning to Little Torch Key in the evening.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place and hope to return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Wampum, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

My stay at Parmer was a very laid back relaxing vacation. I along with my two very young daughters stayed at Parmers for about a week, and loved every second! The team of friendly staff members and Jay the owner made us feel very welcome and comfortable, we couldn't have asked for better accomodations. I liked this resort simply because it's away from the hustle and bustle of large hotel chains, it's quiet, and the view across the canal was breathtaking at sunset. Not only would I come back, but I can't wait to go back again!
I want to send a personal thank-you to Jay!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

I probably had the worst room on the property because it was on the road and removed from the office, but it was very pleasant. Perfectly clean and adequately sized. Only a shower, no bath, but they actually had colored towels. For some reason that made me feel like I was in a resort.

Breakfast is simple but sufficient. My beloved little Ipod couldn't find the network even at the breakfast room, but I just looked around and decided I didn't really care. I did get good cell phone coverage there.

They do have some odd habits about not allowing ice chests in the room and requiring you to request ice cubes from the from desk, but it didn't really infringe on my vacation goals.

The office is closed at 8 or 9 p.m., so you have to make connections with them if you're arriving late. In my case, they knew I was arriving late and they called to double check that I had all my information before they left the office.

I was up for the sunrise every morning and met many interesting people while I sat down on the dock. For me, this is the absolute best memory of the trip.

There is a nice bar and grill just down the road--maybe a quarter mile. Parrotdise is very low key, moderately priced. I went there on a Friday night and the servers were every bit as attentive to a 60-year-old woman as they were to the young singles present.

From here you are very close to the Key Deer reserve and kayaking at No Name Key. A little back toward the mainland (maybe 15 minutes) is the incredible Bahia Honda beach and further out (more like a half hour) is Key West. On the way home, I stopped at the Turtle Hospital in Marathon. Well worth the visit.

Parmer's is a good value for ordinary people who don't expect a resort to create transform the natural setting into a fantasy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Uppsala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

This was definitely the best stay during our two weeks in Florida. Great location, very nice pool, tidy room and nice staff. Breakfast was okay. The lack of internet on the property except just outside the laundry room was a minus. We did have to pay quite a lot compared to ordinary price because of Christmas. We still got our moneys worth.

• Liked — The property
  • Disliked — The lack of WiFi in the rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

Excellent stay! The resort is very tropical in style and everyone there is friendly & helpful. All the facilities are clean and well maintained. We have been staying here each year for about 8 years now, this trip we stayed nine days and were completely satisfied.

• Liked — Beautiful layout
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

Hotel was exceptionally clean, staff was very pleasant. Accommodations were simple and really let you feel the laid back lifestyle of the Florida Keys. The room was small but it had everything we needed, and was unbelievably clean. I appreciated their water conservation methods that allowed guest to choose the service for themselves. My first concerns are safety and cleanliness and this hotel met those needs. The price was reasonable for the Keys and the location was ideal.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small room and very basic, but it met our needs.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa,...
#1 of 2 in Little Torch Key
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Parmer's Resort? Share your experiences!