“Excellent staff and beautiful grounds/location!”
Review of Parmer's Resort

Parmer's Resort
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Babs at the front desk cannot be topped as far as amazing customer service. It was her personallity alone that made me want to stay longer. How can someone be so very friendly!!?? Perhaps I'm a bit too jaded having lived in Miami.

The location is great, with a nice pool, spacious rooms and my favorite, plenty of chairs and hammocks near the water. While I was with friends, I could just as easily see this as a place for families or folks wishing for a relaxing vacation.

Thanks Babs and the amazing staff at Parmers!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Phykos

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I bring my Naturalist Journey's tour group to Parmer's every April as it is centrally located for our activities (Bahia Honda, Key Deer NWR, Key West). The rooms are clean, somewhat on the small side and the walls are a little thin. But then my expectations of any non-chain Keys' hotel is just what I described.

The free continental breakfast does have fruit, cereal and some protein-loaded foods, which was just fine. Breakfast room is clean.

You do not have any linen service, but are welcome to get clean towels at the front desk.

And yes, the staff is very friendly!

Room Tip: Take a look at the link to get an idea of the relative room size and location. Small is small... h...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank slobird
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Needed one night in the area close to Big Pine Key, where my son is attending Seacamp. People were exceptionally nice, especially Sharon on the phone and then at check in. As my son and I were to go diving in the morning with Innerspace Dive Center in Big Pine, we requested a late checkout, but needed later that Noon. She was unable to do this (and I really didn’t expect it) but she did offer to let us use a shower and even supplied towels and soap after our dives. Anyway, the room was very clean. I’ve read other reviews were people complained of the noise – I learned a long time ago to crank the AC and use it for white noise when needed, and it drowned out everything, my son and I both slept very well. We both thought the continental breakfast was nice, didn’t know about it until Sharon showed us around at check in. Look, it’s not the Ritz-Carlton but I think the people and the cleanliness in addition to the nice grounds make up for any of the little stuff I’ve read about, and it beats anything else I've seen in this part of the keys.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lightninz3
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were invited to a party at Big Pine Key and needed a place to stay- my husband and I and two kids- so called Parmer's Resort to make reservations, influenced by the favorable tripadvisor rating. Their website was attractive and easy to navigate, but they don't take online reservations so I called and spoke to a nice lady and made reservations for a room with seperate bedrooms and a little kitchen across the street from the resort. She suggested this unit, although it was a little more than I wanted to pay, and I agreed because the seperate bedrooms sounded like a good idea, for $20 more. The next day I got a call saying that the person at Parmer's had misquoted me the price because they didn't realize it was for four people. This was nonsense, since the reason I upgraded was for seperate rooms, but at any rate, we were only going to be there one night so got the smaller room (two double beds) by the pool. We arrived Saturday afternoon, checked in and the gentleman at the front office showed us our room, which was upstairs, overlooking the pool. The room was small, with two double beds crammed into it. There is no closet, just a spot with hangers to hang stuff. There was also no shampoo, conditioner or body lotion provided. The room was ok, the bathroom small, the comforters made out of flimsy polyester material and decor was some framed photos on the wall. After my husband "signed away his life", we dropped our stuff off and headed to our party. There were other guests at the pool, drinking, singing and hanging out. We got back around 11. The grounds are nice, everything seemed clean and well kept up and all the staff are very friendly and accomodating. It is also a "green hotel", where, as the guy explained to us they don't bother you (cleaning the room, changing sheets or towels) unless you call and ask for something. I appreciate the conservation effort, especially in the Keys where water is a precious resource. I slept well, despite being a little cramped in the double bed. My husband did not sleep well. At 8 AM, the people in the room next to ours woke up and started talking, laughing and (I think) making breakfast. The walls are paper thin and we could hear everything. When I ventured outside, there were 6 people gathered at a table, eating breakfast. Some of the guests didn't seem very "resort" like- shirtless, tatooed, noisy etc... I went to go get breakfast, which is complimentary. The delicious "continental" breakfast advertised on their website with fresh bagels, muffins, donuts and fresh fruits, was a big oversell. In the breakfast room (which was very clean) there was: coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, apple juice, bread and english muffins (which could be toasted), Cherrios and Special K, peanut butter and butter and apples. That was it. I had some coffee and an apple and walked outside to sit by the water, which was nice. There is also a laundry room, should you need it, hammocks and boat slips, for people with boats. Overall, it was okay, but pricey for what you're getting. I think we paid close to $200 for a small, not so great room with paper thin walls. On the plus side, the staff is friendly and it was close to our party.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Glee47
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This place is beautiful, and definetly kid friendly! the staff are super friendly, and kind . The views are amazing and soooo relaxing . I could lay in those hammocks all day long lol. The rooms are more like mini houses which I love, and more importantly, they're clean! No funky smells or stains , rooms and bathrooms are cleaned . Oh and best of all, free wifi lol!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Shaye_Loyal
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had the privilege of staying in the Presidential Suite at this wonderful resort. Amazing views from our balcony wether you were sitting in the jacuzzi on the second floor deck or lounging in the hammock on the third floor deck! Very clean and well stocked accommodations with a full kitchen, large living room down stairs, spacious master bedroom upstairs and huge bathroom. The friendly staff made us feel right at home during our week vacation. The kids loved the pool and we felt very comfortable allowing them to explore the property. We rented a fishing boat and were able to dock at the resort allowing easy access. We absolutely loved Parmer’s and would love to come back in the future. Recommended for anyone who wants the FL Keys experience without all the chaos of Key West.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AzSisters
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel was very clean and no frills. We enjoyed sitting near on the adirondack chairs near the water's edge, drinking beers and watching the birds (cormorants, pelicans, and seagulls). Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Our room Jasmine was small but adequate -- good location
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Inn at Key West
The Inn at Key West
#43 of 51 in Key West
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa,...
#1 of 2 in Little Torch Key

Been to Parmer's Resort? Share your experiences!