Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We literally just returned from Little Palm Island, we stood there four nights. I do have some information which you may find useful. First the lack of wi-fi or phone service, and no tv on the island really disappointed me. I understand the seclusion idea, but if you don't want to watch the TV you can turn it off. Most rooms in the 21st century have wifi, ours did not.

I want to start with the positives. Food service, as almost every reviewer has said, was extraordinary. In my opinion there was not enough variety but what they did have was out of this world. I do not think I have ever received such service surrounding our meals. Even the service at the pool was exceptional. Liz at the pool bar was great and I watched some people put them through their paces and they handled it well. Hands down the best thing about the resort.

The atmosphere is romantic as it says. The island has 30 2-person rooms and I don't think I saw more than 15 people the whole trip. That's how secluded the island can be if you want it to be. You can literally not be seen the entire time you are there, very romantic. Getting to and from the island on the boat launch is also very cool, definitely a feeling of seclusion which is what they are going for. Gary drove us to Key West and he was very professional, definitely an asset to the organization.

The bar entertainment was out of this world. Both singing groups and the piano player were highlights of this trip. We actually hurried through dinner to get to see them play at 9:00. Very nice outdoor type of bar atmosphere, especially when you added the music.

We also had two spa treatments as well, VERY expensive as to eat up the free credits offered, but they were top notch.

Now for some of the disappointing things. If you are looking for the absolute in luxury, this is not it as one of the other reviewers said. An example, our desert dishes sat outside of our room for more than 12 hours. Now what you would expect for almost $1700 a night right? They left an empty bottle of champagne in the cooler for the entire four days? Housekeeping on this property was HORRIBLE. By far the Achilles heel of our stay and really left a sour taste in my mouth. They did not change out sheets (yes four days), and we had to request to fill the mini bar every time it needed to be filled. They did not do it on their own. Once again, things you might overlook at a Motel 8 or somewhere like that but not here. We were also locked out of our room at 11:00pm one night as the service people did not reset out lock so our keys would work. The last day our room was invaded by ants, and they came and sprayed, but really? They were in our toothbrushes as well.

Privacy? The walls are extremely thin and entire conversations, and god knows what else, can be heard through the walls without even listening. There are two rooms in every bungalow, sharing a common wall.

You can't swim in the water. The reviews about no beach, and bad odors coming from the water are all true but I don't think that should stop you from coming. All of the rooms do not have an ocean or bay view, so be careful about that.

What really bothered me was this feeling of not being special enough. It seems like if you did not have one of the four larger suites, or are a movie star than you were not that important. This came from management, not the regular workers there. Big mistake, my opinion is for $1700 a night and a promise of luxury that should not happen. We could not get a late check out to shower in our room, it was not promised, but really? Instead, after getting my HUGE bill I showered in a closet somewhere on the property.

This place did not meet my expectations, I am very disappointed and feel that I was over charged for what I received. I have stayed in many luxurious resorts over the years, unfortunately this one fell short. So close, but yet so far.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are NOT ocean or bay side views. Upper 20's are good and 13-18 are good.
11  Thank Carmandragone
LPI-noblehouse, Public Relations Manager at Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share this thorough review with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spa services, atmosphere, bar area, and dining options. However, we apologize that some aspects of our resort did not meet your expectations. We will notify management of your feedback and we hope to prove ourselves to you in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only thing that rivals the beauty of this resort is the service. From the moment you step into the lovely check-in area you are treated like royalty by some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The suites are more beautiful that you can imagine, and the food is delicious.
There are comfy lounge chairs all over the island, so you never have to worry about finding a place to enjoy the sun or beach. I highly recommend taking the meal plan so that you can enjoy the wonderful food without worrying about the price.
Your morning begins with the delivery of a fabulous breakfast to your private patio and your night ends with live music as you sit around a fire pit on the beach. The island is home to a few darling key deer who pop up every once in a while.
Honestly, a dream come true.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for this review! We are so happy that you enjoyed our rooms, location, dining options and guest services. We will be passing your compliments on to our staff. Once again, thanks for the great review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Or maybe I should say I felt like Thurston Howell on Giligan's Island? I have been fortunate enough to travel much of the world and stay in some nice and unique places. I should also say I work in the hospitality industry, so I tend to see detail others may not. The location is truly world class unique. They strive for a Harry Trumanesque feel and honestly pull it off nicely. The food is excellent as is the overall service. To say you pay for it is a slight understatement. Expect to pay 50% of your room rate in food and beverage per day. They have a meal plan which I didn't do. I would definitely rethink that next time. The rooms are quaint, but honestly a little rougher than I wxpected. this is not high end luxury, rather dirt paths to thatched roof bungalows. No heels here for the ladies. The room was a little dysfunctional with limited counter space, some fraying around the edges and some furniture that really needs attention. Given what I paid ($7000 for three nights) I expected near perfection in the room and didn't get it. This is all about getting away and checking out. Don't go here for luxury.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Floridagator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that you loved our location, atmosphere, dining options and guest services. We appreciate the feedback you have given use here and we’d love to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Little Palm Island for our 3 night "mini" honeymoon in May and fell in love with it. After reading reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book our trip although we were worried as it seemed expensive for what it is--no beach etc. We decided to give it a try and are so happy that we did! We drove down from Boca and found the ride more beautiful than we had anticipated, especially in the lower keys. Pulled up to the welcome building and were greeted with a rum cocktail. Bought a few nice things in the shop while waiting for the boat to the island. Enjoyed a 10-15 minute boat ride to the island and were then taken on a foot tour of the island. Our bungalow was labeled with our name on it in big wooden letters which was a nice touch. We were in one of the recently renovated bungalows and it was gorgeous! Living room, brand new bathroom and bedroom with a huge bed draped in mosquito net. Loved the outdoor shower too! The little touches such as binoculars in the room for bird watching, personalized stationary and amazing smelling lotion were really nice. There seemed to be very few people around however dinner was full so either there were a lot of dinner guests or you just don't see people around. Most people were relaxing and reading as the reviews typically state however we were having too much fun to relax! Took the snorkel trip to the barrier reef and that was some of the best snorkeling we'd ever done. I've snorkeled and scuba dived at the great barrier reef, Cozumel, Hawaii and all over the Caribbean and this was tops and completely unexpected. Saw a shark, 500+# goliath grouper, sting ray, beautiful coral and lots and lots of fish. Another day we took one of their motor boats out to the coral near the island and swam with hundred and hundreds of fish. Spent a lot of time boating around on our own and hanging out in the water so really didn't miss having a beach. Took breakfast at our bungalow on the patio, lunch by the pool and dinner at the beach although noseeums ate my husband up and we had to move inside. They had lovely live music playing, amazing gourmet food and drinks. We enjoyed having dessert in our room while we played checkers on their board and relaxed. We never heard any of our neighbors and felt that everything was very private near our bungalow. Staff are very helpful and unobtrusive. Loved mingling with the key deer. Spent just a short time relaxing by the bird sanctuary and saw sting rays, manatees and all kinds of rare birds. All in all loved our time there and felt it was the perfect place for a romantic special get away. Just be careful of the noseeums at dusk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this review with us! We are so glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our resort. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations and resort activities. Once again, thank you for this great review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall, we were very disappointed with our stay at LPI. In fact, we checked out a day early. Our romance bungalow that boasted unobstructed ocean views had no ocean view at all, just a view of a mucky canal and mangroves. We, like a past reviewer, also could hear the couple in the attached bungalow, which diminished the feel of seclusion. We expected our outdoor deck with hot tub and private beach area to be just that, private, but it was completely exposed to the view of passersby and boats. There is also no beach, just mangroves and muck as the area is very tidal. Maybe we are spoiled by Caribbean beaches, but the pictures advertising the property are certainly not what we saw when we arrived. The pool area was also disappointing. No views, the pool was always dirty because of the heavy vegetation around, and no hot tub/spa. We booked quite a few spa treatments as well, and found the treatments average at best and very overpriced. The therapists just went through the motions, there was no personalization.

Service was also lacking overall, as we had to call to have our mini bar restocked each night. Service by the pool was almost non-existent, and you had to go up to the bar to get anything. The staff were nice enough, but just didn't rise to the level of attentiveness we would expect when paying more than $1,000 per night. We did enjoy the food in the dining room, which was freshly prepared and there was a good selection. I must add that dining room staff were by far the most attentive.

Our biggest disappointment was in the staff's failure to respond to our request to switch rooms. We expressed our disappointment in not having a view (and our hot tub didn't work, but the weather was bad so this was not too big of an issue) and were told there we no other similar accommodations that day but possibly the next day. We said that was fine, we would see what was available the following day. No one ever followed up with us despite us calling to check in the following day as to the availability of another room. We stayed that second night but called down to the concierge and told them we were checking out early as we were not enjoying ourselves. No one ever bothered to follow up. Very disappointing for a more expensive resort and disappointing end to a much needed get away. We didn't ask for a refund for our last night (never had a chance) and they even charged us for the spa appointments we missed that last day even though we had checked out. Poor customer service.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask ahead of time for a clear view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank LuxuryCaymanVillas

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know that this is not the norm for us and we will be addressing these concerns immediately. Once again, thank you for the feedback you have provided and we hope to prove ourselves to you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently spent three days at the end of a vacation at Little Palm Island. We were celebrating an anniversary and the staff went the extra mile to make it special. We enjoyed using the Boston Whaler to go over to nearby Picnic Island and travel around the resort. The beach was small but large enough considering the small number of guest suites. My husband enjoyed sailing on the Hobie cat. Rolando was very helpful in setting us up with all of these activities. Renda gave us a great introduction to the resort and checked up on us from time to time. We booked through Am Ex Fine Hotels program and received great perks (early check-in, late check-out, resort credits, etc). I highly recommend that. We had breakfast delivered to our bungalo and ate on our porch each morning. It was right on time and delicious.

Liz, one of the bar tenders poolside, was excellent. We enjoyed have lunch there. Dinners on the beach were gorgeous. The food was great but the portions were a large (keep that in mind when ordering). The wine was reasonably priced.

This was a great way of wrapping up a dive trip and celebrating a special event. We hope to return again!

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michelle P
LPI-noblehouse, Public Relations Manager at Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for writing us a review. We’re so pleased to read that our team members created such a memorable stay for you and your husband. We cannot wait to accommodate you at our little slice of paradise the next time you’re in the Keys.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife were looking for a nice secluded beach getaway and we decided on Little Palm due to how easy it was to get to as opposed to somewhere in the Caribbean. I must admit, after booking our plans I was nervous about going after reading reviews. Particularly, we wanted a beach vacation and we did not realize there is no swimming beach on the property to speak of (apparently common in the Keys). However, it ended not being an issue. We enjoyed our lazy days lounging on the beach, plus the pool is essentially beachside and we enjoyed it immensely. If you are looking for an exclusive, quiet getaway this place fits the bill. Yes, it is expensive but what I am learning as I stay at more properties in this price point is that you are paying for lack of lot of guests. We stayed in a Romance Suite (#20) and we have no complaints. Some of the best sleep of my life. The staff was as you would expect them to be: superb. Overall, it was an extremely relaxing trip. The only complaint I have is that I thought the food was not the best value for a resort like this.....The food is expensive and I am okay with that if I feel like the quality is excellent. For instance, the last night my wife and I decided to order steak (NY Strip). It was obvious that the steaks had been frozen. We sent them back once and they came back the same. That meal w/ minimum alcohol was $377. They should just not offer it if the quality is this bad. For 4 nights we spent well over $2000.00 on food and again w/ minimal alcohol consumption. We ordered room service one night and for 2 soups (broccoli and cheddar), 2 salads, shrimp cocktail and 1 key lime pie was $142.00. Again, I hate to complain because the property is a great property but the value for the food is not a strong point. To be sure, we had some great meals: Lobster risotto, short ribs, desserts, etc. The Sunday brunch was good as well. So, we are a house divided: I am not sure I would recommend this place to someone BUT my wife is sure she would. Over the property was just what we wanted: Quiet and exclusive.

Room Tip: We stayed in a romance island suite (#20) and it was quiet and roomy with lots of outdoor seating.
3  Thank nevels2000

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed our Romantic Suites and had the best sleep of your life! We also appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to management. We hope you will have another vacation with us soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Torch Key
The Gates Hotel | Key West
The Gates Hotel | Key West
#26 of 51 in Key West
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!