We literally just returned from Little Palm Island, we stood there four nights. I do have some information which you may find useful. First the lack of wi-fi or phone service, and no tv on the island really disappointed me. I understand the seclusion idea, but if you don't want to watch the TV you can turn it off. Most rooms in the 21st century have wifi, ours did not.
I want to start with the positives. Food service, as almost every reviewer has said, was extraordinary. In my opinion there was not enough variety but what they did have was out of this world. I do not think I have ever received such service surrounding our meals. Even the service at the pool was exceptional. Liz at the pool bar was great and I watched some people put them through their paces and they handled it well. Hands down the best thing about the resort.
The atmosphere is romantic as it says. The island has 30 2-person rooms and I don't think I saw more than 15 people the whole trip. That's how secluded the island can be if you want it to be. You can literally not be seen the entire time you are there, very romantic. Getting to and from the island on the boat launch is also very cool, definitely a feeling of seclusion which is what they are going for. Gary drove us to Key West and he was very professional, definitely an asset to the organization.
The bar entertainment was out of this world. Both singing groups and the piano player were highlights of this trip. We actually hurried through dinner to get to see them play at 9:00. Very nice outdoor type of bar atmosphere, especially when you added the music.
We also had two spa treatments as well, VERY expensive as to eat up the free credits offered, but they were top notch.
Now for some of the disappointing things. If you are looking for the absolute in luxury, this is not it as one of the other reviewers said. An example, our desert dishes sat outside of our room for more than 12 hours. Now what you would expect for almost $1700 a night right? They left an empty bottle of champagne in the cooler for the entire four days? Housekeeping on this property was HORRIBLE. By far the Achilles heel of our stay and really left a sour taste in my mouth. They did not change out sheets (yes four days), and we had to request to fill the mini bar every time it needed to be filled. They did not do it on their own. Once again, things you might overlook at a Motel 8 or somewhere like that but not here. We were also locked out of our room at 11:00pm one night as the service people did not reset out lock so our keys would work. The last day our room was invaded by ants, and they came and sprayed, but really? They were in our toothbrushes as well.
Privacy? The walls are extremely thin and entire conversations, and god knows what else, can be heard through the walls without even listening. There are two rooms in every bungalow, sharing a common wall.
You can't swim in the water. The reviews about no beach, and bad odors coming from the water are all true but I don't think that should stop you from coming. All of the rooms do not have an ocean or bay view, so be careful about that.
What really bothered me was this feeling of not being special enough. It seems like if you did not have one of the four larger suites, or are a movie star than you were not that important. This came from management, not the regular workers there. Big mistake, my opinion is for $1700 a night and a promise of luxury that should not happen. We could not get a late check out to shower in our room, it was not promised, but really? Instead, after getting my HUGE bill I showered in a closet somewhere on the property.
This place did not meet my expectations, I am very disappointed and feel that I was over charged for what I received. I have stayed in many luxurious resorts over the years, unfortunately this one fell short. So close, but yet so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Palm Island has been the escape of choice for presidents, high profile celebrities and savvy travelers alike. The magic of this island is its exclusive location where a captivating view exists in every direction. All Bungalow Suite are housed in thatched roof bungalows, with custom-made beds so plush some guests never want to leave; outdoor showers and all the requisite luxe amenities. There are no telephones or televisions, or guests under the age of 16 - the only distractions are the outdoors and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Palm Island Resort And Spa
- Little Palm Island Hotel Little Torch Key
- Little Palm Island Fl
- Hotel Little Palm Island
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort Little Torch Key, Florida