Spent two nights in LPI last month.
the good: tastefully appointed suites. excellent spa. fun, free, water sports. the magic of the key deer. they are everywhere. you have never seen more deer in your life. catching a herd of them drink from the pond in the morning makes you forget everything else. delicious and comfortable beds.
the so-so: decent food, very traditional fare--nothing i hadn't had before. the beach is more of a swamp. not like the website. biggest pet peeve: the service needs work. really remote, if you want to be alone, you will be...as the staff "forgot" about us and our beverages. messed up our dinner order as well, no turndown service. It's as if LPI tries to be so private and quiet and leave you alone...but at $799 a night + tax I dont want to be ignored or left alone, I want perfect service and staff nearby!! Our bill was nearly $3 grand for two nights and I am a bit discouraged by the lack of turndown service, ordered two beers and being completely forgotten about, and a messed up dinner order.
at the end of the day -- it's the Florida Keys. The keys have always been the same, whether its upper, middle, or lower keys. expect to find beautiful wildlife, vegetation, warm temperatures, and sunshine year round. But there is no beach per se, and you need to swim out in the deeper water to be able to take a dip. but once you are out there, the magic of the keys sets in and you forget all our troubles.
i can see a fun group spending the day at a restaurant there...the boat ride there and back is fun, can take great pics. but the island strives to be too perfect and too quiet and so remote, that they forget about their guests's needs. they may benefit from larger groups of a few lunch events/meetings and therefore encoring LPI to better their service. I was expecting a more "chic" place, the pool bar closes early, and it gets rather dark around the island at night. almost pitch black. a little tooooo quiet. But if that is what you are looking for, then this is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Palm Island has been the escape of choice for presidents, high profile celebrities and savvy travelers alike. The magic of this island is its exclusive location where a captivating view exists in every direction. All Bungalow Suite are housed in thatched roof bungalows, with custom-made beds so plush some guests never want to leave; outdoor showers and all the requisite luxe amenities. There are no telephones or televisions, or guests under the age of 16 - the only distractions are the outdoors and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Otel, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Palm Island Hotel Little Torch Key
- Little Palm Island Resort And Spa
- Little Palm Island Fl
- Hotel Little Palm Island
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort Little Torch Key, Florida