“NOTHING FANCY - BUT GREAT FOOD”

Seafood World Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The decor is nothing to write home about. However you know you getting fresh seafood because you enter the seafood market part of the restaurant. Not cheap, not expensive. You get a great meal at a fair price. We started with fried calamari with a red dipping sauce. The calamari was crispy on the outside and tooth tender on the inside. The red sauce was not typical Italian but very good and not acidic. We both ordered soft shell crab sauteed in a light garlic sauce with tender broccolli florettes. The combination was excellent. I had a house salad with blue cheese dressing which was good. My wife had a baked sweet potato whic h she loved. The portions were ample but not overwhelming. Go there with a good appitite and you won't be dissapointed. The wait staff is very good.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is decieving because it is on the corner of a mini strip mall. It doesn't look like much from the outside. When you walk in there's like a display of fresh fish and seafood for sale. There was no fishy smell at all which means their fish is very fresh. The place is nice but nothing big. There was only 3 people at one table when we arrived on a Sunday at around 430p. But soon afterwards it started filling up (a relief). My friend ordered a plate with fish & shrimps, side of cole slaw. Portions are good. I tasted his fish and shrimp and they were wonderful. Soooo fresh. I wanted the scallop dish but honestly, the plate was $27. Too much for my budget, unfortunately. Therefore, I love chicken fingers so I ordered that. (I know, go to a seafood place and order chicken, LOL). Anyways, they were battered and were wonderful. If the scallops are half as good as the chicken, then that is something to save up for. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We go to Seafood World every Thursday for lunch.
Pappa Hughey the owner consistently gets the best products. Everything is fresh and Mr. D can flat out cook.
Try the swordfish dynamite or anything with the dynamite sauce on it.
Donna is the best waitress in the world.
You will love this place

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Thanks to the reviews here (especially mibenco's,) we recently tried Papa Hughie's, and had the best fresh seafood meal with the sweetest server (Meghan) last night. Wanting to try many things, we ordered 5 appetizers instead of 2 entrees. Fresh oysters & clams on the half shell were dee-lish and came with horse radish on the side, so we were able to mix in an amount to create our own custom cocktail sauce (brilliant idea!) The crab stuffed mushrooms were full of lots of crab, not mushy breadcrumbs, and seasoned perfectly. The conch salad was refreshing (a bit too heavy on raw onion, but that's just my sensitivity to them.)

The best dish was the seared tuna. I have an addiction to it, and try it everywhere. This was BY FAR the absolute freshest, leanest, perfectly seared (NOT overseared) tuna, with a fabulous side of Japanese calamari (along with requisite pickled seaweed, wasabi & ginger.) The tuna was pure pink. Throughout. ALL PINK! and scrumptious!

You must try Papa Hughie's. I will be going again, as well as ordering take-out (which I saw people picking up on our way out past the market counter.)

Bravo to this establishment. And this is coming from someone who reads tons of reviews, but has only posted once - this first one, as I was so impressed.

1  Thank twinqltwinql
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Seafood World gets everything right. The food is always fresh and seasoned perfectly. All four members of our party were extremely pleased. We started by sampling cream of carrot soup with crabmeat. It was truly outstanding. Our entrees included two tuna dishes, one shrimp burger, and a wonderful Mahi Mahi dish. Our server,Donna, was extremely friendly and took such good care of us. Another feature that makes this place special is the owner, Papa Hughie. He is always there to make sure everyone is enjoying their meal.
Seafood World is not an upscale restaurant. It is a restaurant that serves the freshest fish and the people there always make you feel welcome.