“Fresh Fish with Outstanding Service”

Seafood World Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Seafood World gets everything right. The food is always fresh and seasoned perfectly. All four members of our party were extremely pleased. We started by sampling cream of carrot soup with crabmeat. It was truly outstanding. Our entrees included two tuna dishes, one shrimp burger, and a wonderful Mahi Mahi dish. Our server,Donna, was extremely friendly and took such good care of us. Another feature that makes this place special is the owner, Papa Hughie. He is always there to make sure everyone is enjoying their meal.
Seafood World is not an upscale restaurant. It is a restaurant that serves the freshest fish and the people there always make you feel welcome.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sometimes I'm surprised by the dearth of fresh seafood available in South Florida. Seafood World aka Papa Hughie's excels. I'd say it's in the top three seafood places I've eaten in from West Palm to Miami. When you enter there is a very well-stocked and very clean seafood market. The décor is your typical "seafood house" with lots of woods and nautical touches. It's no mistake this place has been here so long. I went on a recent Sunday for lunch. When I arrived the restaurant was empty, but what was interesting were the arrival of certain regulars...the server anticipated their arrival and had certain drinks already at the tables, etc. Which tells you a lot! I wish I remembered the servers name but she was EXCEPTIONAL. Personable, upbeat, and with an extensive knowledge of the menu. This is so rare...especially down here in S FL. I had an excellent smoked fish dip, and some peel-and-eat Old Bay shrimp...they were huge, steamed to order...just perfect. All the dishes that I saw looked really good. It's obvious that this place gets its good rating by hard work and fresh seafood. I recommend trying this place!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've had our office in lighthouse point for more than 10 years and never tried out this place, I went today with my colleague and we were blown away, the fish was so fresh & tasty and everybody that worked there from the fish sales person to the waitress were amazing, even the owner greeted us, i'm definitely going back there & taking my husband & friends.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been back to Seafood World three timed this week for fresh seafood. We never ate at the restaurant but bought lobster, salmon, tuna and conch salad. 5he next day we bought huge shrimp and scallops. Everything was fresh and wonderful. The staff were fish-smart and very friendly!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

we both started off with the best conch chowder in southern florida. we, then, shared a generous portion (eight) of very good conch fritters. my companion had a grilled conch sandwich which was great, and i had a delicious, lightly blackened hog fish snapper sandwich. seafood doesn't get any better than this. service was perfect, and friendly.