“Exceptional Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sometimes I'm surprised by the dearth of fresh seafood available in South Florida. Seafood World aka Papa Hughie's excels. I'd say it's in the top three seafood places I've eaten in from West Palm to Miami. When you enter there is a very well-stocked and very clean seafood market. The décor is your typical "seafood house" with lots of woods and nautical touches. It's no mistake this place has been here so long. I went on a recent Sunday for lunch. When I arrived the restaurant was empty, but what was interesting were the arrival of certain regulars...the server anticipated their arrival and had certain drinks already at the tables, etc. Which tells you a lot! I wish I remembered the servers name but she was EXCEPTIONAL. Personable, upbeat, and with an extensive knowledge of the menu. This is so rare...especially down here in S FL. I had an excellent smoked fish dip, and some peel-and-eat Old Bay shrimp...they were huge, steamed to order...just perfect. All the dishes that I saw looked really good. It's obvious that this place gets its good rating by hard work and fresh seafood. I recommend trying this place!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've had our office in lighthouse point for more than 10 years and never tried out this place, I went today with my colleague and we were blown away, the fish was so fresh & tasty and everybody that worked there from the fish sales person to the waitress were amazing, even the owner greeted us, i'm definitely going back there & taking my husband & friends.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been back to Seafood World three timed this week for fresh seafood. We never ate at the restaurant but bought lobster, salmon, tuna and conch salad. 5he next day we bought huge shrimp and scallops. Everything was fresh and wonderful. The staff were fish-smart and very friendly!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

we both started off with the best conch chowder in southern florida. we, then, shared a generous portion (eight) of very good conch fritters. my companion had a grilled conch sandwich which was great, and i had a delicious, lightly blackened hog fish snapper sandwich. seafood doesn't get any better than this. service was perfect, and friendly.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just had dinner the other night. Appetizer was great. Pasta and clams just wonderful. Hospitality of staff was also nice and refreshing.