Le Bistro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bistro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 44th Street & NE 48th Street
Description: Some of our reviews: "Best Restaurant in North Broward" (Sun-Sentinel) “Surprisingly Awesome Strip Mall Restaurant” (Zagat).. "Elin & Andy Trousdale continue to wow guests from their funky storefront French-influenced bistro." (John Tanasychuck, Sun Sentinel)... “Le Bistro is that rare dining establishment that conveys ma-and-pa-type warmth, reflecting the earnest efforts of owners Elin and Andy Trousdale” (Rochelle Koff Miami Herald)... “The food is stunning” (Gordon Ramsey) ...Special attention to providing Gluten Free dining.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Everything we ordered was delicious and perfectly executed. There were eight of us at the table in the small restaurant, so we were probably a little loud. We were able to bring our own wine and then ordered a bottle from their wine selection.
We ordered several appetizers, the pork belly was delicious as were the escargot and duck confit were all well prepared. I ordered the bee pollen crusted goat cheese salad; it was served with endive and honey, so good! For my entree I ordered the rack of lamb as did 3 of our other dinner companions; others ordered the snapper, the pork belly entree, the medallions of beef and the steak frittes. Judging by the lack of food left on the plates I would say everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals.
In between courses Chef Andy sent out little delicacies to tantalize our palates.
It was a great dining experience, I would co pare it to some Michellin starred that I have enjoyed in Las Vegas and Napa Valley in very upscale restaurants.
Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank D H

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I made reservations after reading all the great reviews, we were not disappointed! Ellen was our hostess and was competent and charming, made us completely at ease. They had a tasting menu as well as their regular menu but we were able to order from both. The food was prepared perfectly, I had the snapper and my husband had a steak, we had mussels as an appetizer, the broth was amazing! We will return!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ok. So I was invited to an exclusive dinner club called funkyfoodclub.com at Le Bistro in light house point in Florida. It was amazing. Chef Andy trousdale and wife Elin presented a fabulous and creative 4 course meal. They do it once a month. Great food. Great guests. Great time. You must check it out. See below. Tempura beets with Carmelized onions, wild trout with parsnip and potato hash, filet mignon in pastry with course mustard champagne glaze over jalepeno mashed potatoes and a rich chocolate liqueur mouse with frozen grapes and toasted fennel cream. Yummy!

Original Funky Food Club at Le Bistro Restaurant, Lighthouse Point, Florida.
funkyfoodclub.com
Andy Trousdale's Food Journey into Paradise at Le Bistro in South Florida's Beautiful Lighthouse Point.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have lived in Florida since 1976.I'm of Italian decent and love to go out to dinner and not eat pasta at every meal.Dining at La Bistro is a wonderful experience .The food is absolutely fantastic..I love the Beef Wellington,it melts in your mouth.The meat is the best quality.I take friends visiting me and family to La Bistro for a dinner they will not forget.From the appetizers to dessert you will not be disappointed .Try it you will love it!

1  Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Le Bistro is a small family owned (literally - husband is the chef, wife is the maitre d) tucked into a small strip mall on Federal Highway in Lighthouse Point. The selections and food are excellent, there is often a prix fixe selection, and the restaurant does cooking classes and a monthly "surprise" dinner for members. We have sampled almost every item on the menu, and have never been disappointed.