“Nothing to write home about...”
Review of Maria's Pizza & Pasta - CLOSED

Maria's Pizza & Pasta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Been there twice and not impressed. It is fair considering this place is the best Italian restaurant in Lehigh Acres. Had the Turf and Surf the other night. The steak was awful...small and tastless. The all you eat crab legs were fair. Get better all you can eat crab legs at a Chionese Buffet. Very pricy for what you get.

1  Thank Iralgo

Reviewed August 17, 2012

There is a new owner by the name of Mary Lou and she made what should have been a fun night out with my girls into an absolute horror show. She was disrespectful, rude and obnoxiously nasty.

I live in Lehigh and like to support my local eateries when I can. I've eaten at Maria's many times and have ordered takeout on numerous occasions. There is no excuse for the lack of customer service we received last night. Tables were left with dirty dishes for 20 minutes or more. (My friend played busboy for our table and there were other customers in the dining room that had to bus their tables as well. WTH?) She even chastised us for sitting at a dirty table. When Mary Lou brought us our drinks she acted like she was doing us a favor by haphazardly wiping our table with a wet and dirty rag. There was only one waitress on duty and one guy tending bar. They were drowning! Yet the place was packed because the new owner had invited her Chamber of Commerce friends. Hello? Would it have been too much to ask that she bring in additional staff to help out?

The food this time was a HUGE disappointment. How does an Italian restaurant run out of lasagna and eggplant parmesan? The garlic rolls didn't even have a hint of garlic having been near them, though they were thankfully hot and fresh baked. When the sun set our seating area went dark, no not dim I mean DARK! We inquired about having the lights turned up or turned on and were told most of their lights were broken. (Yes we should have run at that point) I asked for a candle because I (like most humans) like to be able to at least SEE my food.

By the time our food came we were over the entire experience. We let our intrepid and hardworking waitress know we were less than happy and she sent Mary Lou over. This woman reacted childishly and stomped off without a word as we were explaining the situation (part of customer service is giving an ear to the customer even if there isn’t much you can do for them…they just want a chance to be heard). She returned and thrust an envelope at us and said “here take a gift card”. No apology, no words of sympathy or understanding. My friends and I said we weren't sure we'd want to come back in the future. Mary Lou's answer was to say “fine get out and don't come back.”

So as not to stiff our waitress we gave her a $20 tip and our sincerest best wishes.

As for Mary Lou? I have lots of friends in Lehigh and they will be warned. Cee U Next Time!

1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Lehigh doesn't offer a lot of good restaurants but Maria's is pretty good. The $3 martinis are a win!! Last night we ordered a veggie pizza to carry out. It was good.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

I have ate here several times and must say the food is delicious and well worth the wait.I can't get enough of the chicken marcella, but the other entrees are great too.Service is fine and decor is pure italy.Enjoy:)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

A place where you get plenty of delicious food. I had a pasta dish with shrimp. There was enough for two meals. The two other people in our party had enough left over for a second meal as well. Very good food.The dinner rolls are delicious as well and they are served with oil and shredded cheese.