“Still Clean and Comfortable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lehigh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lehigh Acres
Reviewed January 27, 2011

As I have said on previous reviews, this is a clean and comfortable place to stay if you are in Lehigh Acres. The staff welcomes you each time and the bar and restaurant are not too bad!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lehigh

Reviewed August 27, 2010

This hotel was very clean, staff was extremely helpful. I was using points and was nervous about quality due to past experience using points in 4 star hotels and getting crappy rooms, but those fears where unnecessary. Shower had great preassure, beds were very comfortable, nicely decorated, plenty of towels, loved the music in the hallways! The only thing that is not the hotels issue is I was moving my child into FGCU and this hotel was far away about a 30 minute drive! But again nothing to do with the hotel just an FYI! I would absolutly stay there again if business ever call me to Lehigh acres, FL. Also if your planing on going to the new Boston Redsox training facilty next spring its a little drive(15 to 20 min) but worth the trip!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We had four rooms and they were all nice and clean. The single rooms are small but they served the purpose. The employees here are all very nice and do all they can to make the stay great!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This is our third night here and our room has not been touched by housekeeping.....trash overflowing and unmade beds. Granted we are not out of the room by 8:00 am, but give me a break. Morning breakfast is minimal. But get there early or it's gone and doesn't seem to be replenished. The 24 hour coffee and juice.....not happening. I must say the beds are very comfortable. The walls are thin.....not a bad deal for the entertainment value! Bathroom is small with virtually no space for cosmetic/shaving bag and the like. Be careful or your towels will fall from the rack and into the toilet. Need more towels? "Just leave this card out and we'll leave more" (Oh....I forgot....housekeeping never comes into the room) It's really not to bad a place, fairly clean although carpeting could use a good strong vacuuming. The place doesn't seem to be overly populated so I don't understand WHY they put people so close together. Oh yeah....easier for housekeeping staff....what housekeeping staff? Front desk staff nice and friendly. Restaurant right next door has a great breakfast.....so when the cold cereal, muffins and juice are gone.....head next door. I suppose I would recommend this hotel to a friend since it is the only place in town....what more could you want for a hundred bucks. A Hampton Inn it is not, but actually beds here are more comfortable than the 2 Hamptons we have stayed at on this trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

About all I can say positive is that the room was clean and A/C worked well. Other than that....No coffee pot in the room, no iron, one ice machine and one vending machine - in the lobby. We were on third floor even though there were only 10 cars in the parking lot. The continental breakfast was muffins and bagels from the quick-shop next door. I would have been a nice stay for one night but we were there 3 nights and the whole lack of amenities became very annoying.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Hotel has just queen beds. Very limited choices on T.V.. Supposed to be local channels 1-6 but all you get is this annoying man telling you about Direct TV. When we arrived in our room there was a note on the floor that I assume the previous guest had left. Kind of discerning that housekeeping didnt catch that. The adjoining restaurant was very good. Haney's. On the plus side roomas are large with a microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator. Nice late check out at noon. Air conditioning was a joke. We set ours on 72 degrees and it was very warm and humid in the room. The air conditioner was loud when it ran. The room was very humid, almost damp when we entered. They should turn on the A/C before the guest checks in.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I was in town for work and visiting with family and since there are really not a lot of options I booked the Microtel instead of making the trek into Ft. Myers for a hotel there. I had seen and eaten in the adjacent restaurant (ok food, nothing out of the ordinary) and seen the lobby (sparse at best) and decided to "chance it", having never stayed in a Microtel before. I usually stay in Hampton Inns when working, or even better hotels when traveling for vacations, etc., and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms here. I was upgraded to a suite, which I really recommend. Nice amount of space, good lighting (which I'm a stickler for in hotels), and clean. Free internet access. Nice yellow and green color scheme, flat screen tv, window seat, and comfy bed. The hallways are really sparse, as is the lobby, but the rooms, the most important thing, were much better than I expected. I can't comment on the regular rooms but swing for the suite if you can and I think you'll be happy. My suite included a queen bed, though, so if you need a king I would ask at the desk.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Fort Myers
Comfort Inn Fort Myers
#40 of 59 in Fort Myers
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lehigh? Share your experiences!