“Still a great place to stay!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lehigh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lehigh Acres
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We had four rooms and they were all nice and clean. The single rooms are small but they served the purpose. The employees here are all very nice and do all they can to make the stay great!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 14, 2010

This is our third night here and our room has not been touched by housekeeping.....trash overflowing and unmade beds. Granted we are not out of the room by 8:00 am, but give me a break. Morning breakfast is minimal. But get there early or it's gone and doesn't seem to be replenished. The 24 hour coffee and juice.....not happening. I must say the beds are very comfortable. The walls are thin.....not a bad deal for the entertainment value! Bathroom is small with virtually no space for cosmetic/shaving bag and the like. Be careful or your towels will fall from the rack and into the toilet. Need more towels? "Just leave this card out and we'll leave more" (Oh....I forgot....housekeeping never comes into the room) It's really not to bad a place, fairly clean although carpeting could use a good strong vacuuming. The place doesn't seem to be overly populated so I don't understand WHY they put people so close together. Oh yeah....easier for housekeeping staff....what housekeeping staff? Front desk staff nice and friendly. Restaurant right next door has a great breakfast.....so when the cold cereal, muffins and juice are gone.....head next door. I suppose I would recommend this hotel to a friend since it is the only place in town....what more could you want for a hundred bucks. A Hampton Inn it is not, but actually beds here are more comfortable than the 2 Hamptons we have stayed at on this trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

About all I can say positive is that the room was clean and A/C worked well. Other than that....No coffee pot in the room, no iron, one ice machine and one vending machine - in the lobby. We were on third floor even though there were only 10 cars in the parking lot. The continental breakfast was muffins and bagels from the quick-shop next door. I would have been a nice stay for one night but we were there 3 nights and the whole lack of amenities became very annoying.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Hotel has just queen beds. Very limited choices on T.V.. Supposed to be local channels 1-6 but all you get is this annoying man telling you about Direct TV. When we arrived in our room there was a note on the floor that I assume the previous guest had left. Kind of discerning that housekeeping didnt catch that. The adjoining restaurant was very good. Haney's. On the plus side roomas are large with a microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator. Nice late check out at noon. Air conditioning was a joke. We set ours on 72 degrees and it was very warm and humid in the room. The air conditioner was loud when it ran. The room was very humid, almost damp when we entered. They should turn on the A/C before the guest checks in.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I was in town for work and visiting with family and since there are really not a lot of options I booked the Microtel instead of making the trek into Ft. Myers for a hotel there. I had seen and eaten in the adjacent restaurant (ok food, nothing out of the ordinary) and seen the lobby (sparse at best) and decided to "chance it", having never stayed in a Microtel before. I usually stay in Hampton Inns when working, or even better hotels when traveling for vacations, etc., and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms here. I was upgraded to a suite, which I really recommend. Nice amount of space, good lighting (which I'm a stickler for in hotels), and clean. Free internet access. Nice yellow and green color scheme, flat screen tv, window seat, and comfy bed. The hallways are really sparse, as is the lobby, but the rooms, the most important thing, were much better than I expected. I can't comment on the regular rooms but swing for the suite if you can and I think you'll be happy. My suite included a queen bed, though, so if you need a king I would ask at the desk.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2009

This hotel was very clean, good food, great drinks, and located in the center of town. I stayed here because I was buying a house in lehigh. And I am impressed with the way Lehigh is changing, for the better. This hotel is a great addition. Now that I live here, I will recommend this hotel to family and friends, but will always be back myself for dinner or drinks. Keep it going Lehigh!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This Hotel is only a few months old.
The Good.
Friendly staff, Clean Rooms, Pleanty of towels including face cloths. Dbl Queen Beds, Heated Pool, Onsite restaurant and small Pub. Flat screen Tv with cable. Wi-Fi internet, Free local and long distance phone calls.

The Bad
Paper thin walls, Coversation can be heard from room next door, Don't get a room near the eleverator. Elevator announces floor arrival, No table lamp for reading in bed. Sun shines right through window curtains, Continental breakfast very limited, No ESPN on cable TV, Stains in hallway carpeting,

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank papi1096
Days Inn & Suites Bonita Springs North Naples
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lehigh? Share your experiences!