“BEST barbeque we've had in a long time!!!”

Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Was traveling through Leesburg, Fl & we decided to stop @ Oakwood for dinner.... We were SO GLAD that we did :) the atmosphere was clean, friendly & most of all the FOOD was awesome! We started with the yummy fried pickles, don't judge until you try lol... Our family members had the ribs, pulled chicken, and sliced turkey. All of the meat was spectacular ~ moist & plentiful, we had to take home boxes of all of it. The tea was fresh and your glass never went empty. The prices were great & we will be back. I wish they had an Oakwood in Jacksonville, FL!!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Oakwood is our "go-to" place when we are hungry for BBQ. They have BBQ chicken, pork and baby back ribs. Meals are served with two side dishes that cover the standard favorites of southern restaurants including lima beans, greens, macaroni and cheese, french fries, baked sweet potato, and an excellent roasted corn salad.

I usually order the chopped pork sandwich, and my husband has the baby back ribs. We both order our meat dry, and we add BBQ sauce available at the table. Our son-in-law is very fond of the mahi mahi. So, while the focus is on BBQ they have some other menu offerings as well. The portions are large, and we never finish our meals. We take them home for lunch the following day so we can leave room for a bowl of outstanding peach cobbler.

Generally the service is swift and personable, and the atmosphere is clean and well-designed. You are eating in a restaurant and not an old service station that was converted into a restaurant.

To be honest, we have eaten better BBQ, but we have also eaten BBQ that was much worse. Overall, we select Oakwood frequently because it is a pleasant place to eat and it is very convenient for us. It is also a great bargain. During the first few days of the week a rack of baby back ribs is only $11.95. A huge chopped pork sandwich is $5.95. The food is certainly good, and at that price, it is a bargain.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family loves ribs and we've tried them in more places than I can remember. The Oakwoods ribs are what we compare all others to and no one comes close. Atmosphere, service, food, price, it's all excellent. We travel from Indiana to The Villages about once a year and we always plan to have ribs at Oakwood, and if time allows, we go more than once. They are just that good. One piece of advice - wear stretchy pants, you'll need 'em.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Restaurant was clean and the atomsphere was good. Food was prepared very good and the service was excellent. The ribs were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Oakwoods ribs are the very best in the country! By Far. I usually don't eat ribs in a restaurant, but these are so good I don't mind getting a little sauce on my hands and arouind my mouth. They are excellent..done just right. The employees are GREAT also, so attentive to your needs ice tea glass always full, roll of paper towels on the table no need to worry about the sauce on you fingers
I hope you try this place when you go to Florida.
Donnie