“Great Management = Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Corral - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Jalisco, Mexico
“Great Management = Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife wanted to go to Golden Corral for Mother's Day. We normally go to the one in Clermont but, being in Leesburg, decided to try the one here rather than make the long drive to our usual Golden Corral.

It was around 5pm and the place was wall to wall people with a waiting line out the door to get in. Despite that, everyone got their drinks, paid, and were seated right after paying. The organization was amazing with tables cleared as soon as people left and runners telling the person by the cashier when a table was available and where.

Even with this onslaught of humanity, all the food bins remained full, the hot food was all hot and the cold food cold, and everything was delicious. What surprised me was the surf and turf I treated myself to. The fried shrimp were the large ones rather than popcorn and the steak, usually something to dread at buffet chains, was as good a piece of meat as I have had in any restaurant in a long time. It was tender, flavorful, and had practically no fat or grizzle. Even the coffee was above par. My only complaint would have been that the advertised special of endless chicken wings was nothing special.

What surprised both of us was the service. Our waitress was really cheerful and had something nice to say to everyone in her station from commenting on my wife's jewelry to making children give her a smile before giving them their drink refill. More importantly, she was very efficient as our drinks were never once empty before being refilled, dirty dishes always removed as soon as we finished one, and, as I said earlier, tables immediately cleaned and ready for the next customer.

The only reason I did not give it an excellent is that it was not quite as clean as it should be. But, it was Mother's Day and with a plethora of children there, many making messes, the employees were trying their best but just could not keep up. Kudos to the management for having good cooks that put out good food and hiring a wait staff that makes you want to return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank solara13

Stuart, Florida
“Good food, good mood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

ok food. ok service. ok everything if you like buffets. cooks don't speak English and are pretty stubborn when asking for them to fill empty food bins. They jst stare at you and point to other food, ignoring what you are asking for.

• Visited April 2013
Grand Island, NY
“Awesome Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited this restaurant while on vaca in Florida, we've heard a lot of great things about the chain, but do not have any in our Upstate NY area. UNBELIEVABLE VALUE, the variety was incredible, EVERYTHING we tried was DELICIOUS! Could not get over the huge selection. I am not a big eater, and there was plenty I still wanted to try but was too full. Loved how they make cotton candy for the kids (or anyone) - super "sweet" touch! Went with my significant other and 2 relatives, they all tried the steak to order and loved it! Favorites for me were mac n cheese, fish (2 or more kinds to choose from) and the desserts. Veggies were great too. I still can't get over the selection options and the cost, it was so reasonable, I think we paid about $12/person for dinner - are you kidding me!? Best meal at a buffet I've ever had! Can't wait to go back next fall! And the service was great too, everyone was so friendly!

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ok, it's a Golden Corral. For those of you who have been to one, yawn. But it was new to me. This was a really good (and way cheap) buffet. Lots of southern types of food. Good quality. Nice service. A chocolate fountain that I dipped strawberries in! Way better than the Hometown Buffets I am used to. It isn't gourmet, but it is good.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank pretagreg
“What can I say different?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

You've been to one Golden Corral you've been to them all. This one has especially great service, very pleasant, the food bars are always neat and clean. Good buffet any time.

Visited May 2012