“Okay, but nothing special.”

Stavro's Pizza House
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Chicago, Illinois
“Okay, but nothing special.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Came here on a recommendation from a friend. He used to dine at Stavro's very often, but lives about 30 minutes away and doesn't travel as far to eat anymore. Food was only okay. Four people in our party, one had the Gyro Platter, one had Pasta, one had the Salad, and I had a pizza. The pasta wasn't very good. Gyro was great. Salad and Pizza were okay. But other than the food, I was a little turned off by the staff. We got there a little after 11am (so well before the lunch rush began) and they weren't very friendly and were a bit short with us. We won't be back. If we lived nearby, I would consider getting take-out pizza - while their pizza was only okay it was better than much of the pizza I've found in Citrus County.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank frank_wood

Cincinnati, OH
“Great Pizza and salad”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This place serves great pizza. Apparently many agree because the place was packed the night we went. The service was very good, despite the crowd.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank purdue5
Central Florida
“Good pizza, great specials.”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We like their pizza and Greek salad, and we've also found that their nightly specials are usually very good. The baked pasta dishes are always good, I love the ziti.

Asheville, North Carolina
“I was surprised!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I was a little hesitate about entering the place. The area isn't the best I've been in by a long shot. My first impression was that we made a mistake and I even contemplated leaving. The place smelled like it was washed with a dirty rag. guh... But, we stayed based on the favorable reviews it got at this web site. I must admit that the service was very good. The waitress was friendly and informative. The food was very good. We left a 20% tip and left with full bellies. :)

• Visited June 2011
Gainesville, FL
“Just ok...”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We had take out from Stavro's on Friday night. We were staying in Leesburg for the night, before heading to Renninger's. The place was packed. It looked a little dumpy, but reminded me a little of my favorite pizza in Brandon (Babes), so I was optimistic, especially after reading the reviews here. Our food was ready when we got there & they honored our $1 coupon. Unfortunately, they forget to give us any utensils or napkins and since we were staying in hotel, we didn't have any.

As far as the food, the Greek salad was very good. The pizza was undercooked. I believe if it had been cooked about 5-7 more minutes it would have been very good. If we had eaten at the restaurant instead of take-out, I would have sent it back. If we ever are in the area again, I may give them one more try, but will definitely ask for the pizza to be well done.

Total bill for large cheese pizza & small Greek salad was $11 and some change.

• Visited February 2011