“You can't win them all”
Review of Vic's Embers - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed March 21, 2010

About 4 years ago we decided to go to the #1 restaurant in the area to celebrate our anniversary - we were treated very badly, had to wait about 90 minutes on a first come, first serve basis - when a bus load arrived and were immediately seated (no reservations accepted). After four years we decided to go back tonight for dinner. What a disaster!! We ordered a cocktail and then an appetizer of sashumi tuna, it arrived and was delicious, except the accompanying sauces were not great. We were pushing into ordering dinner, my husband ordered a NY strip and specifically requested a red warm center. I ordered veal oscar. The steak arrived pretty brown all the way through, the veal oscar was cold. The waitress took them both back to the kitchen. The steak arrived and was cooked properly but had absolutely no taste. When I ordered my dinner I asked if the mashed sweet potato had cinnamon in it and was assured it did not. My dinner arrived - mashed sweet potato with loads and loads of cinnamon. Veal Oscar consisted of two small thinly sliced and breaded pieces of veal covered with some shredded crab meet and white asparagus which had seen better days about two weeks ago. It was so overcooked it was as shredded as the crab meat. I asked if there was bernaise sauce, and the waitress said they must have forgotten it in the kitchen. She replaced my repulsive sweet cinnamon laced potatoes with a baked potato for which she did not provide butter and I had to ask for sour cream. For wondering for four years what this highly acclaimed restaurant had to offer, it was quickly answered and we haven't wasted four years by not returning. Dinner for two with 2 before dinner drinks, a bottle of wine, and two entrees, plus tax and tip was $140. The appetizer was comped because of our problems, it was $12.95. Would never return to this place regardless of what other people have to say about it.

Reviewed October 2, 2009

We ate at Vic's Embers for our Anniversary in July 2009. It was some of the best food we've had. He had the Steak and I had the Crab Legs. They gave us free dessert and a drink of choice at the end of our meal. Reasonable prices and top shelf meals!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2008

The food & service was divine. My sister ordered a steak, I ordered lobster to share both. The chef divided it the kitchen and the plates were lovely! The food was heavenly. We also had a Caeser made tableside & it was wonderful. Nice little group playing softly at the bar! Overall a great experience!