“Lunch with Our Administrative Team”
Review of Takis Restaurant

Takis Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Description: Moved to 1205 North 14th Street!
Description: Moved to 1205 North 14th Street!
Tavares, Florida
“Lunch with Our Administrative Team”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I've eaten at the Leesburg location. I've eaten at the Eustis location. Both restaurants were a very good experience. The food was very good. The prices were very good. The service staff was very helpful and friendly. I intend to return to this restaurant. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Best Greek Salad I've Ever Had”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many, many times. They offer primarily Greek and Italian food. I am not really a fan of Greek food but their Greek salad is fantastic. Obviously, the salad part is not hard to replicate but they make their own dressing which is fantastic. I have ordered Greek salads in more places than I can count now and I have not been able to find any that are as good as Takis'. I have eaten some of their Italian food with is also good but its the Greek salad that keeps me going back. I think they have a couple of locations but the only one I have eaten at is the Leesburg location. The prices are very reasonable. The service is always good. It is located in a strip mall which does not have a great ambiance but once inside it feels more like a European restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
“Mediocre, at best”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I had my first experience at Takis last evening at the request of my parents. I guess they have been told by their friends it's a great place. I was appalled at the old dirty interior and dated decor. Seeing that they are planning to move to a new location, I guess they decided to stop cleaning the place. The table a had thick crust on it where it was near the wall. The water glasses (plastic coca-cola) were old and the edges were chipped. The waiter treated us like his friends. But not really in a good way, scolding us as he "likes to not have any scrapes of paper left on the table". When he brings the food he anounces to every table, "looky looky here comes the cookie!" The grrek salad was a bowl of shedded iceberg lettuce with shedded ham?, crumbled feta cheese, a slice of tomato, an olive, and a peperoncini. Oil and vinigar in a squeeze bottle was the dressing. The bottle was so slimy it was difficult to use. The food was brought to us within 10 minutes of ordering. Hardly enough time for it to be made fresh. The penne (told it was ziti) was burnt arond the edges. The moussaka was obviously not fresh. The chicken Marsalla was sour tasting with canned spongy mushrooms and pasta that was so overcooked it had to have been cooked earlier in the day and dunked in hot water prior to service. The garlic bread was fresh. Overproofed, and greasy to the touch, but fresh. My parents were not thrilled, but then again my dad loves canned green beans and anything he doesn't have to cook. I on the otherhand was disappointed and will come up with another suggestion next time asked.

Leesburg, Florida
“Greek & Italian - who would have thought”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very good Greek food, which is reasonable and very tasty. The Italian food is great too, especially their pizzas. I've never had to wait for a table, and the servers are quick to respond. Although you can't tell from the outside of the Leesburg location, the inside is like a mini trip to Greece. Great food, plenty of it, at a really great price. The Eustis location's atmosphere is not at all like the Leesburg location. The food is still great, but it's noisy, small inside, and you generally have to wait for a table. I consinder this location more of a lunch spot.

• Visited March 2014
“Good Italian/Greek food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant has been around for years. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. It can be very busy at times and that slows down the service. But if you are not in a hurry you will like this place. Very large menu, good greek salads and tasty bread.

• Visited March 2014