“Terrible service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

On previous visits my spouse and I never experienced the nightmare of dining service that we recently were unfortunately subject to.
We no sooner arrived at our table and presented with menus did our server, Jessica ask if we wanted to order an appetizer. This should have been a red flag to us to that we were going to have to maintain the pace of our entire dining experience.
I couldn't have been more correct, for Jessica had our appetizers delivered before we even had a chance to eat 1/3 of our salads. Not wanting for the appetizer to get cold, we began the second course. No sooner did I take one bite of my appetizer, did the entree arrive. Jessica offered to "take the entrees back to keep them warm" but at that point, the combination of irritation and indigestion were taking a toll on my level of tolerance. We just told her to leave the dishes at our already cramped table so we could at least consume them while they were freshly prepared.
Throughout the remainder of the meal Jessica condinued to interrupt (and rush) our meal by trying to remove salad plates (of which had barely been touched), she assumed were in our way. She made it real obvious that her goal was to turn that table multiple times that day. Feeling that we literally inhaled our meal, we looked at our watch and were astonished to find that we had inhaled a 3-course meal (including one trip to the salad bar) in less than 20 minutes!
Upon leaving we decided to relate our unsatisfactory service with the manager on duty, Jodie. Although Jodie listened to our poor experience w/concern, her attitude did not convince us that the quality of service would improve very much. Why even have a GM or Supervisor on hand at all since the servers are obviously running the restaurant as they see fit - herding the customers like cattle? So much so, we thought that we'd be electrically prodded at any time during our meal!
In summary, if you dine at this particular Ruby Tuesday, dictate and maintain the pace of your meal from the very start, otherwise you may experience the terrible, rushed, impersonal service we did. With regards to the food? Very good, prepared as ordered.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Really appreciate addition of salad bar to most meals but would recommend adding hand hygiene equipment at beginning of salad bar.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food was good. We were there at a busy time so we had to wait but not too long. While waiting, we watched the staff and noticed they spend a lot of time talking to each other as they worked. The focus was not on service but on talking. I did notice that the person restocking the salad bar used his chin to steady the stack of salad plates he was carrying to replenish the salad bar.... I skipped the salad bar after watching that. It was not a bad dining experience but it would not draw me back or make me tell others to go there. I actually like this place so I hope they imrprove the customer experience so they do not fail.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Easy to get to location with plenty parking.available. A recent menu change has really improved the fare available and the salad Bar is excellent.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I visit here every time I am in Leesburg due to the convenient location next door to the Hampton Inn. Often, I will eat the salad bar while drinking a few beers in the bar. The food has always been good. The bartenders are friendly, as are the hosts and servers.