“Days Inn Leesburg, FL”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
IRVINE
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can't believe how rude and unprofessional this hotel is. And to make matters worse the place is a filthy mess. The parking lot is run amuck with shady people and bikers and the hotel staff couldn't care less about any of it. NEVER stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank STEVEN W
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed only one night because we had business in the area.
Upon checking in, we asked for a wake-up call.
Good thing we woke up in time, because the wake-up call never came.

Attempting to check out at 6a, we had to awaken the "desk clerk" who was asleep in the lobby on a chair. We had to ask about "breakfast" and were told there were some doughnuts, etc. The breakfast area and the food looked disgusting. The "desk clerk" then informed us that he is "not usually like this, it must be the weather." He was either high as a kite, drunk or hungover...or maybe all three. He then became argumentive because, after he asked us where we were from, he said we were insulting him, his family, etc. This person should not be allowed out in public, let alone, be in a position of hotel staff, Scary to think this inept and rude poor excuse was "in charge" of a hotel where guests were sleeping. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: We were told that no rooms on the first floor were available. Were they filled with family members...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lake Worth, FL
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a 62 year old woman. Stayed here alone with my two small groomed dogs for one night while I looked at a home to buy. I made reservation online the day before so had no idea what I was to find. When I arrived there was not another car in lot. The creepy Indian "manager" gave me key to room but, the A/C didnt work and there was a curly black hair on sheet (it looked pubic) He then took me to another room where A/C did work. It seemed somewhat cleaner but, I still wanted to leave. (Womens intuition?) My friends had shown up for dinner and they convinced me to stay for "just one night". When I returned from dinner around 8, I found a mans (not mine!) dirty blue sock on the floor on the other side of bed, dirty facecloths and towels and still no other car around. It was too late to leave so, I just went to bed but, stayed awake all night worried about being alone there with the creepy "manager". Next AM I then noticed the half painted bath, months of grimy dust in vent, floor not vacuumed, filthy windows, cigarette butts all over the outside, big black stains (blood?) on both the sofa and chair and the sofa had been sewn up on the arm. Thank god I bring my own covers for the furniture! The grounds were just weeds. I believe he is also the "cleaning lady" and if the sheets look ok, he just remakes the bed. How else could a"hair" be in the middle of bed? Altogether a gross place and I would be glad to just not have bedbugs!
I walked my two little dogs and then went in to office to get a cup of coffee. The Indian "manager" said he was charging me another $25 for my dogs. (He saw the dogs the day before but, didnt say anything then) I told him I would not even mind if the room had been nice but, under the circumstances, absolutely not! We proceeded to get into a huge argument as he said he'd already taken the money. I told him that I was going to complain to Days Inn Corporate so I asked his name. He said it was "Don Smith". Right. Totally immature. I went back to pack and found that the little refrigerator had leaked all over the carpet and ruined a new pair of $65 Aerosole shoes that were sitting on the floor.I packed my car and before leaving, went back in to show him my shoes and say I wanted to be reimbursed for them, too. When I got home that evening, I lodged a complaint with DI Corporate and found that this "manager" is actually the Owner and his name is Patel, not Don Smith. Immature AND unprofessional. He also put another $75 charge on my credit card, telling corporate that the room smelled like pee and he had to "sanitize" it and couldnt rent it out for a week. REALLY? It wasnt evn close to being "sanitized" in the first place and, if there was a smell, it would be the wet carpet, not my little groomed dogs. He did it to spite me because I was going to complain about him and the shoes. So now he has taken $141 for a room that wasn't worth a dime. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Villages the week before for 4 days with a full kitchen and it was very nice for less money. Do yourself a favor and do not go near this Bates Motel!!! I am going to warn everyone I can about him and his dump!

Room Tip: Sleep on a park bench before here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank keysbabe
Pendergrass
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would drive farther and certainly pay more to have a better night's sleep. The only thing positive was the lady who greeted us in the middle of the night to check in. Here's all the negatives:
* Brown stains on sheets (I don't even want to think about it)
* Brown stains on towels
* Mold all around the tub
* Mold on the shower curtain
* The cord on the hair dryer was filthy
* My brother stuffed his pillow in his t-shirt because of how dirty the sheets looked and he'd rather lay his head down on his clothing knowing it was clean.
I can not imagine the management of this hotel allowing these ratings to continue without making some serious changes. Our cable was out too but we arrived so late and left by 9AM so very little time there which was our preference.
I have also contacted Days Inn's Corporate Office in hopes that nobody else wastes their money or sleep.

Room Tip: Brown stains on sheets and towels Mold around the tub Don't waste your money or sleep!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!