“Beware”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed only one night because we had business in the area.
Upon checking in, we asked for a wake-up call.
Good thing we woke up in time, because the wake-up call never came.

Attempting to check out at 6a, we had to awaken the "desk clerk" who was asleep in the lobby on a chair. We had to ask about "breakfast" and were told there were some doughnuts, etc. The breakfast area and the food looked disgusting. The "desk clerk" then informed us that he is "not usually like this, it must be the weather." He was either high as a kite, drunk or hungover...or maybe all three. He then became argumentive because, after he asked us where we were from, he said we were insulting him, his family, etc. This person should not be allowed out in public, let alone, be in a position of hotel staff, Scary to think this inept and rude poor excuse was "in charge" of a hotel where guests were sleeping. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: We were told that no rooms on the first floor were available. Were they filled with family members...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a 62 year old woman. Stayed here alone with my two small groomed dogs for one night while I looked at a home to buy. I made reservation online the day before so had no idea what I was to find. When I arrived there was not another car in lot. The creepy Indian "manager" gave me key to room but, the A/C didnt work and there was a curly black hair on sheet (it looked pubic) He then took me to another room where A/C did work. It seemed somewhat cleaner but, I still wanted to leave. (Womens intuition?) My friends had shown up for dinner and they convinced me to stay for "just one night". When I returned from dinner around 8, I found a mans (not mine!) dirty blue sock on the floor on the other side of bed, dirty facecloths and towels and still no other car around. It was too late to leave so, I just went to bed but, stayed awake all night worried about being alone there with the creepy "manager". Next AM I then noticed the half painted bath, months of grimy dust in vent, floor not vacuumed, filthy windows, cigarette butts all over the outside, big black stains (blood?) on both the sofa and chair and the sofa had been sewn up on the arm. Thank god I bring my own covers for the furniture! The grounds were just weeds. I believe he is also the "cleaning lady" and if the sheets look ok, he just remakes the bed. How else could a"hair" be in the middle of bed? Altogether a gross place and I would be glad to just not have bedbugs!
I walked my two little dogs and then went in to office to get a cup of coffee. The Indian "manager" said he was charging me another $25 for my dogs. (He saw the dogs the day before but, didnt say anything then) I told him I would not even mind if the room had been nice but, under the circumstances, absolutely not! We proceeded to get into a huge argument as he said he'd already taken the money. I told him that I was going to complain to Days Inn Corporate so I asked his name. He said it was "Don Smith". Right. Totally immature. I went back to pack and found that the little refrigerator had leaked all over the carpet and ruined a new pair of $65 Aerosole shoes that were sitting on the floor.I packed my car and before leaving, went back in to show him my shoes and say I wanted to be reimbursed for them, too. When I got home that evening, I lodged a complaint with DI Corporate and found that this "manager" is actually the Owner and his name is Patel, not Don Smith. Immature AND unprofessional. He also put another $75 charge on my credit card, telling corporate that the room smelled like pee and he had to "sanitize" it and couldnt rent it out for a week. REALLY? It wasnt evn close to being "sanitized" in the first place and, if there was a smell, it would be the wet carpet, not my little groomed dogs. He did it to spite me because I was going to complain about him and the shoes. So now he has taken $141 for a room that wasn't worth a dime. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Villages the week before for 4 days with a full kitchen and it was very nice for less money. Do yourself a favor and do not go near this Bates Motel!!! I am going to warn everyone I can about him and his dump!

Room Tip: Sleep on a park bench before here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank keysbabe
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would drive farther and certainly pay more to have a better night's sleep. The only thing positive was the lady who greeted us in the middle of the night to check in. Here's all the negatives:
* Brown stains on sheets (I don't even want to think about it)
* Brown stains on towels
* Mold all around the tub
* Mold on the shower curtain
* The cord on the hair dryer was filthy
* My brother stuffed his pillow in his t-shirt because of how dirty the sheets looked and he'd rather lay his head down on his clothing knowing it was clean.
I can not imagine the management of this hotel allowing these ratings to continue without making some serious changes. Our cable was out too but we arrived so late and left by 9AM so very little time there which was our preference.
I have also contacted Days Inn's Corporate Office in hopes that nobody else wastes their money or sleep.

Room Tip: Brown stains on sheets and towels Mold around the tub Don't waste your money or sleep!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy G
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Terry Fabritz > Days Inn 49 minutes ago ·

Traveler BEWARE! Leesburg Florida Days Inn was the worst! We have been on the phone with customer care every day of our stay (4 nights 3 days) with complaints and no resolution! Added charges, no cable for the entire stay and harrassment because we had a dog, even tho they claim to be pet friendly! They wanted to charge extra fees for my adult children that had visited me at my room, even tho they did not spend the night! The cleanliness rates a 1/2 star! Just got home and more charges posted to my account! Customer care says they will check into it with a resolution by 7-2, if not then they will handle. I hope people read this post BEFORE making reservations. I will update this issue as it unfolds! Hoping Days Inn customer care stands behind its name or my next call will be to Clyde Guinn!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank fro83
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Made a reservation online for late check in and was put in the last room available for the night. When we arrived it was late, around 1am. We got cleaned up and ready for bed and upon pulling back the covers found blood on the sheets. Called down to the front desk and was told that he wasn't sure if he had another sheet. A little while later a young man came to the room with a sheet. He left and I attempted to put a double top sheet on the bottom of a king bed. Made it work enough to sleep. The blanket was also ripped in several places. We had also placed a soda in the fridge for the morning only to find out in the morning that the fridge didn't work.

When we checked out I expressed my concerns to the front desk and was shown no concern or remorse on their behalf. I even told him that blood is biohazardous and should be handled as such. Was told to put my name on a piece of paper and he would give me a call next year with an offer of a good rate for next years event.

When we got home I contacted Days Inn online and explained everything to a representative on the phone. A couple of weeks later I received a check for 50.00. That was not even a third of what I paid for the room.

This property is a disgrace and should be avoided. There is no telling what else could be unseen and could cause a health problem.

Room Tip: avoid this property if you want to avoid possibly getting ill
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlaRN
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have stayed at this local Days Inn several times over the past two years. Staff are quite friendly. Although the facility is older, the rooms are clean and management responds to requests quickly and politely. We certainly plan to book there again for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway if road construction is continuing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

People complained I know, but consider the price of only around $50 a night we thought it
was OK. Manager and family were friendly and the bed was very comfortable. Everything in our room worked and the manager said if it didn't to give him call. We mainly just used the Day's In n for a place to sleep and found it worked great for us. Tom M

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!