“OK for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Tarpon Springs
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

My room & bath room were clean - and - had NO smell when I entered. Finally a non-smoking room that didn't smell like smoke!!! Check-in was a bit slow as the young man seemed confused. Overall the experience was fine. Sleep quality was good and there were plenty of pillows. The towels also had some body to them. There were about 40 TV channels as well as HBO and a microwave, refrigerator & hair dryer in the room. Breakfast was the typical Days breakfast. The pool looked nice but I didn't use that or the internet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank MJGoldfarb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I was trying to locate a friend that was staying at this hotel. When I called the front desk, "Yogi"(this was the name he gave me), was rude and didn't won't to help me. He said he was the manager and slammed the phone down on me. When I called back I ask if he had hung up on me and he said "yes" and hung up again.

Not a nice man. Don't expect to have your questions answered.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Doogahw
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Based on some other reviews, I thoroughly checked the sheets, mattress, and headboard for any sign of bugs. I did not find any. The room was reasonably clean. The mini-fridge ran but didn't keep things very cold. The pool had been closed by the county. The hotel was okay if you just need a place to sleep for a few days. Don't expect much but it's adequate for basic needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Irishssa1
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Worst place I've ever stayed!!!! Shower leaked through the wall and the carpet was soaking wet and the room smelled horrible from all the mold. The room next to ours had bed bugs and so did another room on a different floor!!! There was a huge pile of furniture in the parking lot blocked off with caution tape. Probably infested with bed bugs as well! The staff was continually rude. Refused to give us any extra towels and argued with us when we requested them. The towels felt like sandpaper on my skin! The "continental breakfast" was stale and they didn't restock the food for the following day. We reserved two rooms, both with two double beds, next to each other. We got one with a double and the other with a king. They weren't even in the same building or the same floor! I can't believe we were charged $150 per room per night for this bed bug infested, moldy, rude place! I would never recommend this hotel and I am contemplating not staying at a Days Inn ever again. Days Inn should be ashamed to have their name on this dump!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mrobinsun
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

The hotel had bedbugs and cockroaches. The mangerment was rude and give one of your rooms away. The A/c didn't work in one of the rooms. Another room had a water leak.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clkeller13
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I cant believe this place is still open... It was crawling with roaches and the houdkeeping department should be fired nothing was clean and we were there 2 days... not even the garbage was taken out of our room....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweettater
daysleesburg, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Jeff Morgan and I assumed the position of hotel manager. My goal is to make your stay enjoyable. I have brought in new house keepers who are contincious and detail oriented to have the hotel rooms in the condition that you, my guest expect. We have maintenance living on the property to immediately satisfy any concerns that may arrive. Every room has new carpet and tile flooring.

I would like for another chance for your business. We appreciate our guests and work hard on guest satisfaction.

Jeff Morgan
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Yep, I walked into a stuffy, moldy, non-smoking room that smelled like cigarette smoke. I immediately turned on the A/C and headed to the bathroom. There was a ring of mold/guck in the toilet and some "droplets" on the toilet seat. I really was hoping that "stain" was there because of bleach or something.....but when I grabbed some tissue and water, it came right off.....yuck!
The shower/bath looked so grimy, I had to place a towel down before I stepped in to take a shower.
The service was nothing spectacular...kinda a "just doing my job attitude". And then in the morning there is a buffet guard standing at the continental breakfast watching to make sure you don't take any food out - and if she suspects, she will approach you in the most abrupt manner I have ever seen!
Sure, it's cheap - but come on....give me some common courtesy and cleanliness. I expected cheap to not have the best.....but cleanliness is a must.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank littleladydiver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chain of Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!