“Middle of the Road Mexican”

La Palma Mexican Grill
Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Leesburg
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have a mixed review.
It was good in some respects, and needs some help in others.
I'll go back again to try it again.

The bar was getting busy on a Wednesday night. That part looked good. Service was outstanding. Autumn was above average on her service. Very caring, checked on us a lot, but not too much. She was very courteous and accommodating.

Salsa had too much onion for my taste.
Chips were fresh.
Food came out fairly quick.
It could have been hotter temperature for the middle of the week meal.
If you don't like spicy Mexican, then this is your place. We were hoping for a little more spicy flavor. We had chicken enchiladas and a chimichanga.
Rice was very good. Mine came with Mexican cole slaw. Again, too much onion in it for me.

Very nice atmosphere, clean booths, new tables, TVs all around with sports on and they have a mariachi band on Mondays.
Will have to go back to see that for sure!

Overall not bad but not great. I'm sure I will try it again.

4  Thank Brian R
There are newer reviews for La Palma Mexican Grill

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Four of us stopped here for dinner just because it was on our way home. So glad we did! Had one of the best Mexican meals I've had in a while. Everyone agreed the salsa was excellent, very fresh and not overly hot. I had the the Argentina Churrasco -- skirt steak with chimichurri -- and it was excellent. Service was cheerful if a tad slow, the but meal was worth the wait. We all enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. It was apparent that several tables were occupied by regulars, always a good sign. Prices are very reasonable and portions are generous. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

LA palma is awesome I hated Mexican food until I went to LA palma.la palma has Great food including some good american burgers,fantastic service,awsome prises,friendly people,and a great family restaurant. I've been going to LA palma every Friday night for the last 1½ month's and never get bored with it. LA palma is the official highlight of Leesburg!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

New to Leesburg, down from Georgia.. So being in a new town not knowing much & trying new places is kinda hard, many people have their likes and what not so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there from people bad experience stories, so I gave it a shot & I really enjoyed myself with my husband. Went Tuesday night & they had karaoke which was fun to listen to and see people in a good mood, food & drinks were great, service at the bar was excellent. I had their sopes which are very homemade and delicious. My husband had a Cajun burger which was really good as well. Had $1 yuengling (think it was during happy hour) so spent about $30 on our date night & had such a wonderful time. Definitely recommend you trying it & not go with someone's bad experience, which I can also understand!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a surprise it was for us to go to a Mexican grill and receive a reheated frozen packaged meal. We had the chicken burrito and it was still cold inside. Keep driving when you pass this place!

1  Thank DCA874