“6 Times - Mistake Every Time”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 131 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“6 Times - Mistake Every Time”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I love Outback, and in the past I've loves the Leesburg Outback. I've been there many times and enjoyed great food. A few times there were issues with the food and the managers quickly fixed the problems.
Recently, however, things have gone downhill. The past six times I've ordered curb side take-away I've had problems. 1st- I ordered grilled chicken and got grilled cheese. 2nd- I preferred a salad with no croutons and cheese and got croutons and cheese. (This same thing happened on trips 3,4, and 5). Trips #4 and #5 my hearts of hold mahi had no hearts of gold or sauce. Trip #6, my $20.99 medium rare riveter was cooked well done and I couldn't even chew it.

Overall... I'm a very dissatisfied customer. It breaks my heart because Outback is supposed to be the best Leesburg Restaurant to go get some decent healthy meal choices.

• Visited May 2014

Florida, United States
“They need a good cleaning......”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have always had a good experience in the Leesburg FL restaurant until this last time. I could not believe the dirt on the blinds and the window sills. Talk about an appetite depressant. This restaurant is in sad shape in the cleanliness department. I am surprised they have not been reported before now. I have taken pictures below.
There is no excuse for this sort of thing. Do not know who is responsible for doing the cleaning but they would not have a job if I was the manager.

• Visited April 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Shards of glass or ceramic in my salad”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I found two shards of what appeared to be from a ceramic plate or bowl that I found by biting into it in my salad. We called the manager over. He looked at it, and said he would take care of it.mhe took it back into the kitchen. We never saw him again until we were about to leave when he stopped by our table and asked how our dinner was. Apparently he forgot all about the shrapnel in the salad until we reminded him of it. All he said was that he found some chipped plates in the kitchen and had them trashed. He offered no apology nor did he offer any compensation...a free dessert? Take the cost of the salad off the bill? Discount coupon for a future visit? Nothing. Next time we want a steak we'll go to Longhorn. Decent food (other than the crunchy salad) but terrible customer service.

• Visited May 2014
“You have to be kidding”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I should have known arriving at 6:30 on Sunday with no wait I was in for a disaster. The service was the worst imaginable. The appetizer was good. The cesar salad was brown and wilted. My wifes steak was not cooked all the weigh and mind was well done on a medium order. When our steaks arrived they had not even taken our salads away and we had to move our own plates to make room. No drink refills. The manager just did not get it. Not typical for a chain. I did not want anything for nothing, but just his understanding of how bad his food and service was. Never got an apology and I will never return or recommend this Outback.....

Tavares, Florida
“Worst Waiter Ever!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited on 04/18. It was the first time we had visited in a long time. After our visit we remembered why. We were seated right away despite the parking lot being nearly full. Once seated we had our drink order taken fairly quickly, but then waited quite a while to get our drinks. Our waiter, Tim, dropped the drinks off and quickly disappeared without asking if we were ready to order, Once he finally came back and took our order and dropped off bread, we ordered our food which included salads. I ordered mine with Ranch, my husband ordered French. When he came back with our salads, they were both Ranch, we struggled to flag him down, but he avoided stopping near us or making eye contact. Once I finally got his attention, my husband asked if he had it as one French dressing and Tim cheerfully agreed he did and went off to get a new sale. But by the time it came out our food arrived from a different wait staff. They dropped the food and left quickly without asking if the steaks were do e correctly or if we wanted steak sauce. Our waiter never refilled our drinks or ask if we wanted him to, he never asked if things were ok. Then when we got our check...he couldn't even hand it to us, he placed it behind my head leaving me wondering if that was our check or not! It was the last straw! We are never going back again and after reading other reviews on here, I wonder why Tim is even still working there?!

• Visited April 2014