“I am so disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Leesburg, Florida
“I am so disappointed”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I moved to Leesburg last November, This area is pretty rural and you really have to travel to Tavares or Mt Dora to find good food. I was thrilled when we first went to this establishment. The food was on par with Donatello's or Lauro's in Tampa and I would say as good as the food I have eaten in Little Italy in NY (my home state). I took my brother and his girlfriend there in Feb and food was WONDERFUL. My brothers girlfriend is 100% Italian and a wonderful cook-she really enjoyed the meal. My husband and I went for dinner in March. I ordered pasta carbonara-what I got was pasta with scrambled eggs. I and all the other regulars sent their food back-approx. 6 dinners that I witnessed. I took my daughter there for one more try and encouraged her to order the eggplant and green tomato appetizer (once my fav). It was AWFUL-burned eggplant and red, yes red tomatoes. The owners wife, while charming cannot speak English and cannot properly serve. PLEASE bring back the original chef. I never see cars there anymore and it is directly related to the current chef. I will not be back unless or until you do.

• Visited March 2013

Leesburg, Florida
“Back again”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant has the most unique and amazing antipasto salad I have ever had. Sausage, grilled eggplant and fresh mozzarella among other delicisous items that combine to make a culinary masterpiece.

• Visited June 2013
Jalisco, Mexico
“A Letdown”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are not big fans of Italian food but a friend wished to go here for lunch today. We were expecting great meals based on other reviews but were really let down.

My lasagna was a medium sized piece but rather lackluster in flavor. At $9.95, nothing came with it like a salad or a veggie. Definitely not worth the money. My wife's chef salad was also a let down with not that much meat and the owner telling us he had no eggs which were listed on the menu as part of the salad. Our friend said his mussels and clams were okay but that was about it.

Service was mixed. The owner's wife waited on us but spoke little English. She was very attentive and checked with us on a regular basis so that part was good. However, my wife's chef salad came out well before the other meals and she was finished before we started. That is poor coordination in the kitchen.

This was the third Italian rstaurant we have been to in the area and by far our least favorite.

• Visited June 2013
Howey, United Kingdom
“Average at best”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were shocked to read the excellent reviews about this place. We went tonight, just thinking we'd not tried it before and what a mistake. FIrst, the service is awful. The only girl waiting tables had several other jobs that did not allow her to pay attention to her tables. Next, she had time to ask twice how we were, but never took a plate away. By the way it was 6PM on a Thursday and there was only one other table when we arrived. I can't imagine what would happen if they filled to half capacity. The food was boring and average,. Store bought sauce would have been tastier.
And we were amazed at the high prices. You want italian in Lake County, go to Gianni's.

• Visited May 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Bravi ! Food is authentic ITALIANO !”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Food is outstanding and service is very good family style.
We live in the Villages, and we'll be back often.
Giorgio Masini