“A Tale Of Two Cities” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Central Florida, Florida
“A Tale Of Two Cities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Olive Garden is more than just a place to eat and fill your stomach. The owners created this piece of TUSCANY to honor not only the City in Italy for which it is designed but, the food which it bears. One of their Chefs once said, "The Italian people have a love for food. They don’t just eat food to get energy for the body, they use all their senses". In the restaurant biz it's uncommon to have a whole chain dedicate the foundation to one premiss. The Olive Garden even sends a group of Chef's and managers each year to Italy to train them in their philosophy. Over 1,400 to date ( looked up on their website). Personally, I think this corporation has done an outstanding job. We have eaten there whenever we get the chance and have never been disappointed.
Last night was no different. We started with the a couple of great Margarita's ,Brushetta and then their fabulous chilled Salad. I had the Raviola di Portobello and my wife the Smoked Mozerrella Chicken. They had a 'Special' which offered you a free Take-Home bonus dinner with the chicken dish so, my wife carted out a Spaghetti in 4 Cheese sauce. This was a ridiculous bargain @$57 in a sea of overpriced dinners at other restaurants surrounding this place. Service?: Our server was Nicole S and she was fabulous!
As far as LEESBURG. I'm surprised the folks at the Darden Corporation didn't locate this great piece of Italy in a higher income area, like Mount Dora. As Leesburg, Florida only has a population of 15,956, and a medium income of $25,988 yr. at last count, with a medium age of 42. Not a huge customer base. The fact it is packed every time we go says a lot. The only reason I think they must have picked LEESBURG to open a restaurant is it has an almost hidden "Venetian Gardens" built in 1938 ......a real gem for this City. The only other thing it's 'known for' is that heavy metal rocker, "Ozzy Osboune's" lead guitarist -Randy Rhoads- was killed here in a horrific small plane crash in March of 1982. After their tour bus driver (with an expired pilots license) took Rhoads, and a hairdresser for the Group, on a joy ride. He buzzed the Tour Bus, but, on the 4th pass, clipped the side of the Tour coach and crashed into a huge home. But, I digress: Other than that- Leesburg is pretty much unremarkable. On a positive note: if you haven't tired Olive Garden- it IS really good.

• Visited October 2013

Valdese, North Carolina
“Great Place for Group Outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Going to any restaurant with a large group is often hit an miss. Many restaurants really can't handle such groups. This Olive Garden did an outstanding job when 18 of us celebrated a birthday. The wait staff was pleasant, and got everything right -- amazing under the circumstances. Further, we asked for 18 checks so the three people paying out divide them up for payment -- no problem.

• Visited September 2013
Leesburg, Florida
“Food and Service was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is one of the best Olive Gardens we have visisted in a long time. When we first arrived the greeter made you feel right at home. The server was very nice and we were give superb service. The food was served hot and was very good, everybody in our party thought this was one of the best Olive gardens.

• Visited August 2013
Leesburg, Florida
“Lacks Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Don't know how many more chances we can give this place. I love Olive Garden's soup, salad & breadsticks combo, but don't love the poor service. Seems every time we go the service is slow. We'll be seated promptly, but our wait person seems to take forever and seldom comes back to check on things. My glass set empty for a while, had to flag down the waiter to get a refill. Had to ask for my next choice of soup & more breadsticks, which were just warm & hard btw. I'd be a little more understanding if they were busy, but they were not. Seems to be the norm at this OG. Need to find a different one.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bethany S
Tangerine, Florida
“Poor service but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unfortunately we did not have good service. Our appetizer was not put in the system until after we got our food and we asked about it. We were not given plates for the breadsticks and I had to get up to ask where our refills of breadstick were that we had long asked for. My salad bowl was dirty and I had to ask a manager for one since the server didn't bring me a clean one. Server did not offer cheese on our salad. Server did not automatically refill drinks and when he did (after we asked), he brought me a diet instead of a regular. Server never offered refills of soup or salad. Anything we asked him for was forgotten until we flagged down the ever-present manager or another server.

• Visited June 2013