Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed April 3, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Kelli C, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Reviewed March 18, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed for 3 days this past week and will not stay again at a Microtel. There were wonderful things about this property to share first. The staff were courteous, though perhaps not as knowledgeable as they should be, interior and exterior was spotless! Landscaping was lovely. In my experience do not be put off by those who reported bugs. Guests can do their part to discourage bugs. I saw none. Pillows were fresh, the layout was inspired. I could go on about was was truly great. This is from one who does not stay in budget hotels. Popcorn in the early evenings, steaming hot water for drinks from the room's kitchen center, very spacious room, freezer included in the frig which is nice for ice packs, speedy and reliable wi-fi. Breakfast is only cold continental. But I bring my own foods and did not care. There is a Waffle House and zillions of places nearby. Your great reviews and the price encouraged me to give this property a try. Now to the cons. My antennae went up when I got a text from my credit card company that Microtel had charged my card upon arrival. The clerk should have revealed that he was doing that. What he said was to just sign the form and don't bother about reading all of the stuff. That got my attention as well and I did review the document. Checking out was tedious in that I was not willing to leave without knowing what they were doing with my account and getting a zero balance. I never got what I was looking for, and in fact I left with a hold on my card that I was assured would be lifted within 3 days, even though the journal showed that I was paid up. In the meantime, without asking me, he checked out another guest - which I thought was rude. In other hotels, they take of one guest at a time and do not allow guest to crowd the desk during a transaction. When I asked how the computer could check her out so quickly he stated that the other guest had used a third party to prepay, while I had booked directly through Microtel. He told me the hold was to verify funds. I found this totally insulting! I have stellar credit, and used an AMEX card to book. It has been so long since I have stayed at a budget hotel that I had forgotten what they might think about their guests. Then he told me that maybe a hold was on my card because it was a debit. So many excuses. Anyway the burden is on me to track my card and be certain that the hold is released. I have never had this experience and I travel extensively. Now to the real deal breaker. The walls are incredibly thin!!! Only accept a third level floor room. The heavy foot above me was really annoying, but I do not place any blame on them- but on poor hotel construction. I called and the desk clerk stated that they would move me upstairs in the morning. When morning came, the new desk clerk said there was no place to put me and he had no idea how the evening clerk could have given me that assurance. Remember that they have taken my money? Worse than that, I suffered through the conversation and intimate activity in the next room for the days that I was Microtel's captive guest. I see now why they take your money early. Earplugs and music did not help. By check-out I was thoroughly physically tired from lack of rest and disgusted with the stay and the checkout. I asked to speak with the manager. None was on duty and no offer was made to compensate my experience. So I am sharing here. In summary, this is a clean and lovely looking property with courteous staff and the price is right. If you won't stay long, are not bringing your minor children,don't care about a hot breakfast or a fitness center (did not see one) and are a deep sleeper, then you should be just fine! I really depend on your reviews and hope this will help someone else.

Room Tip: Accept only a top floor room. Ask that your bed not share a wall with a bed in the next room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Kelli C, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

North Floridian
I'm concerned about the issue you had with your room. Im writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guest each evevning , and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guest at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issue you've raised have been addressed, and the approprite action has been taken.
\
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We lool forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora? Share your experiences!