“Avoid this place at all costs unless you are homeless!”
Review of God Cafe

God Cafe
Ranked #34 of 130 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
“Avoid this place at all costs unless you are homeless!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We ordered breakfast, I asked if I could design my own omelette and the very kind waitress said she had to check, when she returned she said it was fine. I asked for hash browns and was told they were out. Not counting myself and my wife there was one other customer in the place. I answered my cell phone, which was on silent and spoke very quietly to my mother on the phone for about 20 seconds, when the waitress ran over and told me to end the call as "he wants this place to be a sanctuary". Really!?!? Who is this "he"? Oh and they don't take credit cards... Bad all around!

DeBary, Florida
“Incredibly Rude!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The man running this establishment on February 18 is the rudest person ever. I would not darken the door of this establishment again if I was starving!

• Visited February 2012
5 Thank DeBaryTigerFan
Leesburg, Florida
“Nice Place for lunch”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The sandwiches are very good. No prices on the menu so it is up to you to figure out the value, not an idea I am fond of, but good food.

3 Thank johnm150
Leesburg, Florida
“Fantastic food love the cheese cake”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I met my friend here I hadn't seen in a long time and it was an awesome place to catch back up ! The food was delicious and the service was so nice. This is my favorite place for cheese cake ! Had a wrap also and it was so flavorful. I was afraid to ask why there was no prices on the menu when I first went in because I always thought if you have to ask you probably can't afford it lol. But it is by donation what a great idea !

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank becca060
Asheville, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were a little skeptical but decided to give this restaurant a try. The service was very nice. I had an egg salad sandwich and coffee. My wife had a veggie wrap. Both items were very good. No one tried to indoctrinate us into their religion. Best of all the cost of the meals are totally done on a volunteer basis. You give what you feel they should receive. Afterwards, we had ice cream. The owner received a message from the higher powers to do this restaurant for those who can afford a meal and for those that cannot. What a terrific idea.

• Visited September 2011