“Wonderful experience”

Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Leesburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A truly great experience away from home! Everything was very clean and staff was pleasant and helpful. A great breakfast and staff also! We have stayed at other hotels and not near as good as this one! We would recommend this Hampton to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you, Lois, for the glowing review of our award-winning Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares hotel! We are thrilled to hear that you truly loved everything about your stay. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for each of our guests so you leave feeling completely satisfied! As you mentioned, we have a delicious, hot breakfast each morning featuring our Belgian waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, cereals, bagels and so much more. I am happy to hear you enjoyed it! Please keep us in mind next time you're in the Leesburg-Tavares area. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great location - beautiful property - front desk staff needs more "polish." The fitness center was out of sanitary wipes for the equipment. The Continental Breakfast was better than most hotels. But there was hair in the bathtub which was really disgusting!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Cecilia, we thank you kindly for the feedback regarding your stay. As it is impossible for us to track your stay through Trip Advisor, we would appreciate you emailing us with your stay specifics. This gives us an opportunity to see what room you were in so that we can address the housekeeping issues. I am very sorry to hear that you didn't have an excellent stay! We would have been happy to move you to a different room location. We always want to make it right for each guest. We hope to hear from you. Our email address is hamptoninnleesburg@hdghotels.com. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Guest feedback is extremely important as it is our only way to improve upon our service and product.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was quiet and clean.The breakfast was hot and available at the time they stated. The management was polite and courteous. I enjoyed the location. It was was convenient to eating areas.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the excellent review of our Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares! We greatly appreciate our guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our service and product. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and the hot, delicious Hampton breakfast! We have a variety of hot and cold offerings including made to order Belgian waffles, eggs, bacon and more. Our hotel is within close proximity to many area restaurants for those wanting to stay close to home. I hope you were able to enjoy some of our beautiful Leesburg area. We are so close to many area attractions including Lake Dora and the quaint shops of Mount Dora. Please keep us in mind next time you're in the area!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I will recommend this hotel without any restriction.This hotel is well located ( close to good restaurant, shopping mall, airport )and is easy to access. I will definitly go back there if I returned to Leesburg.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of our award-winning Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares hotel! We always enjoy hearing from our valued guests as your feedback is extremely important to us. As you mention in your review, we are conveniently located in Central Florida. Our hotel is only a short drive from the Orlando attractions, the Orlando International Airport, Mount Dora and many other Central Florida sights. I hope you were able to enjoy our hot, complimentary breakfast during your stay. Our made-to-order waffles, eggs and bacon are surely the perfect way to start your day. Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate it. Come see us again!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was an excellent hotel. I have no complaints about it. My only point of dissatisfaction is with the HHonors program. I've been a member for a couple of years, and stay at Hampton Inns approximately 7 times a year, yet I've never received a free night's stay a discount, or even room upgrade that I'm aware of. In fact at my last stay in a Hampton I spoke with numerous persons in my travel group who were not HHonors members and who received a lower rate than I did. That was frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you, Darrin, for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares and for being a Hilton HHonors member! I am thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. I hope you were able to enjoy some of our hotel amenities such as our hot, delicious breakfast and our outdoor pool. We have so much to offer our guests! We are sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with the Hilton HHonors program. Being a member doesn't provide for discounts; however, it does build your points which allow you to book free nights and work toward earning elite status! I urge you to call 1-800-HHONORS today and inquire about your points balance. Perhaps your member number wasn't attached during a past stay. Please keep us in mind next time you're in the area! Thanks again for the excellent review.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is number one for a good reason - it is! This hotel could claim the top spot in just about any city. It doesn't have the opulence Vegas or a resort in the Caribbean but if you are visiting the area, you couldn’t be happier.
The rooms are very clean as is the entire hotel. It is roomy and comfortable and what really thrilled me is the A/C. This is Florida and I come from the cold north. I am not acclimatized to the heat and humidity. The first thing I did was to turn on the A/C to seventy but it wasn’t too long after that I had to turn the temperature UP! Plus, the fan stays on all the time, if you wish, so the A/C turning on and off all night long isn’t noticeable, which drives me nuts in some hotels. Also, the curtain arrangement doesn’t blow out with the A/C.

The hotel is oriented so that rooms are facing either the east or the west. I was facing the east so the Sun rise was noticeable under the curtain to some degree.

They also have a nice breakfast buffet which includes bacon and/or ham and scrambled eggs and/or omelets as well as all the breads, etc.

I learned that this hotel won some award for being the in top five Hamptons in the world. I can see why.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side if sunrise bothers you
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares hotel! We always enjoy hearing feedback from our valued guests. We appreciate it! As you mentioned, we are an award-winning Hampton Inn: most notably, we received the Lighthouse Award which is only given to the top 5% of Hampton hotels worldwide. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your sparkling clean room and the comfy, cool A/C! In Florida, we know it's important that our guests stay cool. Our full, hot Hampton breakfast includes delicious waffles, eggs, bacon or ham and many other yummy offerings. We like to provide a little something for everyone. Thank you, thank you for the excellent review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were travelling on 75, and booked Hampton in Leesburg because of past experience. It was a little off the beaten path from 75, but SO worth it. Hampton quality is found at every Hampton hotel and this was not exception. A quick registration, peaceful night and hot breakfast made the detour worth it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathy J
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you, Cathy, for the excellent review of our Hampton Inn Leesburg-Tavares! I am so happy to hear that your detour off I-75 was well worth the excellent service and the Hampton quality you're accustomed to. As you mentioned, our hot, yummy Hampton breakfast is the perfect way to stay your day. The Belgian waffles, eggs, sausage and potatoes are a hit every time! Please keep us in mind next time you're in the area. We would love for you to stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
2 mi away
10 mi away
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
#1 of 5 in Mount Dora

Been to Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares? Share your experiences!