“5-STAR HOTEL!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lecanto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This is the first time I have written a second review of a hotel; but, this one warrants it. I think this might be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is really fantastic. The people at the front desk couldn't be nicer ( and even though I was staying for free with my HI points, he still upgrated me to a suite). The room is spacious, the bed is big, firm and comfortable, the bathroom is spotless and shiny clean - and very roomy. The attention to detail in cleanliness is appreciated by me. I travel on a budget, but I won't compromise cleanliness.

I also like that this HI is smoke-free (something that Marriott has, but I find that HI's sometimes still allow smoking). It is also pet-friendly (for a very nominal extra fee), which I like.

I said this before, but the breakfast room is huge and clean, and filled with a variety of good eats.

And, of course, it has all the regular good stuff: Wi-fi, a business center, lots of pamplets about the area, etc. There's no shortage of that stuff.

There's a reason this hotel consistently gets good reviews - it is the best in the area!! I keep finding reasons to come back to this area just so I can stay here. Trust me!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tczig
jdysutt01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness-Lecanto, Florida. We are always happy to hear from our valued guests. We strive to make each guest feel at home and to provide you with every comfort while visiting our property. We take great pride in keeping our property clean and maintaining its like-new condition and providing a place for our pet lovers to stay during their travels. Upon your next visit, stop by and see us at the front desk. We have so many natural wonders here in the Citrus County area: from the fresh water springs up at Rainbow Springs State Park to the gentle manatees in Crystal River, Florida. We enjoy directing our guests to our local area attractions. Our staff looks forward to seeing you in the future. Once again, thank you for the 5-STAR review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness-Lecanto, Florida.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Over New years weekend 2011, I stayed here with two friends on a points stay dive trip. The staff could not have been nicer, giving us suggestions for both food, and local dive companies. If the dive company is as good as Peck's Old Port Cove about 30 minutes away, then they should also be amazing. To the hotel: Clean and looks brand new for a 3 year old facility. THey have a heated 82 F outdoor pool behind the facility. We requested a 2 queen bed room with a sofa bed, and got exactly that. Extra luggage trays were even provided. The room has a 37" vizio TV on which we watched our HD video's we shot of playful manatees, and they looked great. Breakfast was good just like most HIE's with the addition of mango/passion fruit juice to the expected orange and apple. The lobby is lovely, with large comfortable couches and chairs and staff that always offered a smile, or a thoughtful suggestion when asked. It was about a 40% less costly point expense for the small trade of a 12 mile drive to our dive site in Crystal River proper. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank CaptainCoffey
jdysutt01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness-Lecanto, Florida. We are always happy to hear from our valued guests. We strive to make each guest feel at home and to provide you with every comfort while visiting our property. We refer many guests to Peck's Old Port Cove for their fresh and tasty seafood! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your meal there along with the beautiful scenic drive. Upon your next visit, stop by and see us at the front desk. We have so many more natural wonders here in the Citrus County area: from the fresh water springs up at Rainbow Springs State Park to Monkey Island in Homosassa. We enjoy directing our guests to our local area attractions. Our staff looks forward to seeing you in the future. Once again, thank you for the amazing review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness-Lecanto, Florida.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

For many years I have elected to stay in Holiday Inn and by far this is the best one I've ever seen. The beds are awsome and the fact they make sure you are comfortable by providing soft and firm pillows for each bed emphasizes that they care about my comfort. Staff was extremely nice and polite and check in was professional and prompt. My sister and I totally enjoyed the breakfast. I have never seen a breakfast buffet as nice as the one at this place. Food was great, hot and the staff made sure all food items were filled. Concern was given to the taste of the people staying there in that the variety of breakfast foods was awsome.The room was large and the fridge, microwave and coffee pot provided were a thoughtful touch. I feel like this Holiday Inn is a model of what the rest throughout the state should strive to imulate. Thank you for such a great stay and I am looking forward to staying with them in the future. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to any friend, family or co-worker planning a trip to the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Rhonda0528
jdysutt01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Thank you so much for chosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, FL! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast bar is something that we take great pride in. It is always nice to hear that one of our valued guest appreciates all of our delicious food. Your comfort is of the utmost importance to us, and we are thrilled that you found that here! Upon your next visit, stop by and see us at the front desk. We have so many natural wonders here in Citrus County area: from the manatees in Crystal River, to the fresh water springs up at Rainbow Springs State Park. We enjoy directing our guests to our local area attractions. We look forward to seeing you and your sister again soon. Again, thank you for the amazing review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, FL!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

The front desk staff were very nice and professional. The room was standard with a microwave, refrigerator, and a spacious bathroom. The 27' TV was small for the size of the room. The business center had a very fast internet connection.
Breakfast had the usual items with make-your-own waffles. Instead of the scrambled eggs on the menu, they use "egg rounds". I was told that they only serve scrambled eggs, once a week or so. The bacon is tasteless.
2 complaints - thin room door and walls; the noise from the hallway and your neighbors is significant. The morning light pours in through the undersized curtains.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jfulk

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, FL. We love to hear feedback from our valued guests regarding their stay at our property! We are pleased that you found our front desk staff to be professional and hope that you were offered every comfort while here. Our 32" LCD televisions are standard in each room, and we do have a larger LCD TV in our breakfast room available for our guests viewing pleasure should you prefer a larger screen. If you do reserve a room with us in the future, please make sure to tell our reservation specialist that you would like to request a room away from the morning sun. We will make every effort to find you a quieter/darker room should you come back this way! Again, we thank you for the review and for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Florida!

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We travel to this part of Florida frequently to visit family and this our third time staying at the Holiday Inn Express this year. The staff is helpful, rooms are clean, pool is great to cool off in during the heat of the day and the breakfasts are consistently high quality. I'll be staying here again for sure.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Christ0pherS
jdysutt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

We love to hear from our return guests! So happy to make your stay the best it can be. Please call upon us at anytime if we can help you and your family enjoy their visit to Citrus County. We have many wonderful areas of interest to explore. Rent a pontoon boat from Magic Manatee Marina and spend the day out on the Homosassa River, its beautiful! Taake a guided tour with Capt. Hank of Manatee Connections, he will show you all the secret spots. Thank you again for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Very clean - possibly a brand new building. Friendly staff. Great warm breakfast. Comfortable room.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Vacationer62009
jdysutt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. Its always so nice to see such great comments about our hotel and staff. We strive to make each guest feel like our number one priority. If you find yourself back in the "Nature Coast", please call upon us for special return visitors rate. We have many festivals and events coming up this fall that you might enjoy like the Homosassa Springs River Raft Race, always great fun on the river! Once again thank yo for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suite s in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

I reserved 2 rooms with 2 queen beds and when I arrived I had been "upgraded" to a room with a king bed and a couch that pulls out to a queen bed. The second room did have 2 queen beds. That is not what I asked for due to the make up of our party but was all that was left when I checked in. We went out to the parking lot after dark and the parking lot was not lit in the middle. My mother fell hitting her head on a concrete breaker requiring a trip to the hospital. I had to ask for an incident report 3 times before one was complete and have not heard from them since. I felt there was a lack of concern for an elderly women with a visable head injury. When unfolding the sofa bed, I found trash from a previous occupant.
Hotel parking lot is not appropriate for seniors or those with low vision after dark.
Breakfast was great and kept stocked. The pool area was good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank debby3319
jdysutt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review on our hote, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Inverness/Lecanto. My team and I take very seriously all guests comments and suggestions. Without satisfied guests our hotel does not stay in business. In regards to the lighting issue, the hotel which is a new build hotel that opened in December of 2007, installed parking lots pursuant to Citrus County Building Codes. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Inverness/Lecanto parking lot is not lit up like a Las Vegas type hotel because the hotel sits directly across from the Withlacoochee State Preserve (over 157,000 acres of a protected wildlife reserve), there are no street lights on the main road (highway 44) in front of the hotel and that directly behind the hotel is a residential community. Part of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program is a routine checking of its outside lighting and replacing non functioning lamps. Notwithstanding this, we are truly sorry that your mother fell in our parking lot. It’s definitely not pleasant when one’s mother falls. Next time, please notify our smiling front desk agents that you would like to park in the front area by our carport because you are traveling with an elderly person. We do make exceptions and allow guests to park on the side of our carport. For example, our biker guests, that like to ride the scenic roads of Citrus County that lead directly to the Gulf of Mexico, park their expensive bikes on the side of our very well lit carport. Our main objective at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Inverness/Lecanto is to please our guest. None of our special guests request is to small or to big for us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lecanto
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Inverness? Share your experiences!