This is the first time I have written a second review of a hotel; but, this one warrants it. I think this might be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is really fantastic. The people at the front desk couldn't be nicer ( and even though I was staying for free with my HI points, he still upgrated me to a suite). The room is spacious, the bed is big, firm and comfortable, the bathroom is spotless and shiny clean - and very roomy. The attention to detail in cleanliness is appreciated by me. I travel on a budget, but I won't compromise cleanliness.
I also like that this HI is smoke-free (something that Marriott has, but I find that HI's sometimes still allow smoking). It is also pet-friendly (for a very nominal extra fee), which I like.
I said this before, but the breakfast room is huge and clean, and filled with a variety of good eats.
And, of course, it has all the regular good stuff: Wi-fi, a business center, lots of pamplets about the area, etc. There's no shortage of that stuff.
There's a reason this hotel consistently gets good reviews - it is the best in the area!! I keep finding reasons to come back to this area just so I can stay here. Trust me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comfort of the new Inverness/Lecanto Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. This Inverness, Florida, hotel is located in beautiful Citrus County, a fantastic destination for both leisure and business travelers.All guests stay in oversized rooms, with plush bedding, oversized work desk, small fridge and microwave and complimentary high speed internet access. Satellite TV can be watched on your 32 inch flat screen TV. While staying at this Inverness, Florida hotel, enjoy amenities that include an outdoor heated pool, 24-hour fitness center and free hot breakfast bar. Business services include faxing, copying, printing and available computer use. Families will love staying at this Inverness, Florida green certified hotel, located just off Highway 44. The hotel offers convenient access to several local attractions, including the Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park and world-class golf courses. Other nearby activities include fishing charters, diving for Gulf scallops as well as manatee tours on Crystal River or King's Bay. With advance notice, the front desk can make discounted reservations for guided manatee tours. Directly across from the hotel is the 157,000 acre Withlacoochee State Forest offering an array of outdoor activities from off-road motorcycling to hunting, hiking and fishing. The Withlacoochee State Trail is a 46-mile long paved rails to trails bicycle path, the longest in the state. Business travelers can enjoy the convenient location of our hotel in Inverness, FL. Situated between Inverness and Crystal River, this hotel offers close proximity to local businesses such as Wal-Mart, the Citrus Memorial Hospital, Citrus County Courthouse and the Progress Energy Nuclear Power Plant. In addition, there is meeting space for up to 25 people with available audio/visual equipment and free high-speed, wireless Internet. An assortment of restaurants and bars are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel Lecanto
- Holiday Inn Inverness
- Holiday Inn Express Lecanto
- Lecanto Holiday Inn