“Kindness and Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lecanto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kingston, NH
“Kindness and Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We arrived late at the hotel under sad circumstances, the death of my mother in law. The front desk clerk was very accomodating and gave us the berevement rate (I didn't have to ask). The staff was very helpful in getting us everything we needed. The hotel was packed over the weekend, but it was very quite. The room was awesome. It was brand new. Clean and crisp. We had a microwave and frig which was great. The cleaning staff was eager to help with towels and any other needs. The outdoor pool wass clean and well taken care of. The breakfast was continental plus. We had pancakes/bacon one day and chipbeef and toast the next. The staff and the facility were 100% great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tell1963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto,Fl. We are centrally located in Citrus County to Citrus Memorial Hospital and the Hospice House for any families in need of lodging. We also offer a wonderful hot deluxe breakfast for you in the morning. Once again thanks again for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Expressa and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto,Fl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

Good location, new facility, very friendly & helpful staff. Staff obviously proud of the hotel & everyone we came in contact with from front desk to maintenance staff asked if they could be of any help. Best attitude of any hotel I've stayed at at any location.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. We are very proud of our staff, always exceeding even our expectations. We are centrally located in Citrus County for an easy day trip to visit our wonderful Nature Coast adventures. Once again, Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Fl.
fort myers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

I found myself visiting your area with a dive group last weekend for some open water certifications. With the trip being planned a few weeks in advanced, you would think that all of the kinks would have been ironed out prior to our arrival - I failed. My friend Jacqui and I originally were going to share a room with a guy from our class named Jamie and a few of his friends. A few days after the plans to bunk up were made, I caught wind of some "undiscussed motives" to sharing the room and quickly decided to separate myself and my friend from the situation by seeking a separate room. Jamie went on to explain that he had already booked us the room and that he would go ahead and just book a second room for us girls considering we were feeling quite uncomfortable and that we could just reimburse him for the room he got us at the discount rate. At first that seemed ok - I mean he did get us our own room right? Well for the nine days leading up to the weekend trip, things kind of turned weird. He switched groups to be in my dive group and discovered my phone number from the call list. Then it was phonecalls three or four times a day.....goodmornings and goodnights......something very shy of stalker characteristics. I was completely weirded out and ended up distancing myself as much as possible from him. I did not want to cause a scene or make things weird between and amongst the group so I just handled it the best way I knew how.

So when we arrived on Saturday to check in, I realized my first mistake....the room was still under his name and I didn't know his last name in order to check in. I went ahead and called Jamie, obtained his last name, and met Steve (the front desk clerk on shift that evening). I went ahead and briefly explained the situation to Steve and told him how Jamie had booked the room for us and has turned out somewhat weird over the past week. We had full intentions of paying Jamie back for the room but had no intentions of letting Jamie into the room. Steve very nicely explained that he understands where we are coming from but considering that the reservation was made under Jamie, he would not be able to refuse Jamie a key if he asked for it. Slightly disappointed, we went up to our room 212 and proceeded cleaning up after our day of diving.

About twenty minutes later Steve from the front desk called letting us know that Jamie had just paid for the room - requested a key - and is now on his way up to our room. I quickly told him thank you for the warning, flipped the hotel lock on and hung up the phone. No more than five minutes later there was a knock on the door and then like magic the door swung open the four inches the lock would allow and it became apparent that he had no issues using the key to our room to enter without fair warning or consideration. I handed him the money for the room and asked him to leave so we could finish getting ready. After some persistence he left - taking the key with him. I flipped the lock back on the door and went back to blow drying my hair. Ten minutes later, I could hear the beeping of the card reader and the door slammed open and shut repeatedly as the hotel flip lock served its purpose. I slammed my weight against the door, unlocked the flip lock, and yanked the door open as fast as I could asking "Can I friggen help you?" It wasn't Jamie, but one of his friends from the class who stuttered and said, oh I guess Jamie gave me the wrong key and told me the wrong room. I demanded the key from him and he refused, simply smirking and walking away.

Now might be the time to mention that I am a 24 year old female of nothing more than 135lbs and my friend Jacqui is only 22. We don't possess any special martial arts skills or carry loaded weapons with us and to be quite honest we were really scared. I mean a room full of guys who already made it very clear to us that they told everyone they were "getting a room with me and my friend" now have a key and no moral issues using it to enter our room. We really were creeped out. So I went down to Steve at the desk and inquired into possibly getting new keys. He informed me that by issuing two newly programmed keys, it would unprogram the previously issued keys - making the key the guys had to our room useless. I eagerly agreed to switching keys and he handed me the two newly programmed keys.

I used them in the door and everything went smoothly. Myself, Jacqui and a few others from our class went out to dinner and returned back around 930pm. At around 1130pm, we could hear the card-reader outside of our room beeping and the handle shaking and rattling - quickly followed by pounding and yelling - they just discovered that the card they had did not work and we realized that Steve had just kept us a whole lot safer. The pounding continued as we laid in our separate beds shaking in our boots. Next came a handful of telephone calls resulting in a silent line each time we picked it up. And then more pounding on the door. We agreed not to answer the door and took the phone off the hook. It ceased after about twenty minutes but we were both so shaken up that we didn't get to sleep until almost 3am. When we staggered down to breakfast (which had very good biscuits and gravy by the way) we stopped to thank Steve but his shift was apparently over and we never had the chance to personally thank him for helping us through a potentially horrible situation.

I work in the serving industry and what Steve did was above and beyond what he was required to do and I just wanted to make sure someone else knows how much I appreciated what efforts he made to make us feel safe with our stay. Not only was he helpful in changing our keys out but he also showed great concern when taking the five seconds out of his routine to call us and warn us that Jamie had just requested a key to the room and was on his way up. My Saturday night stay could have quickly spun out of control on a downward spiral but the actions and assistance of Steve made that so much more less likely of occuring and again I wanted to say thank you.

Oh and just so other people who read this review know....and I hope you made it this far down my page to get to this point.....the only reason I rated the room a 3 is because of it being room 212. This room was right next to the elevator and proved to be very loud due to the elevator shafts. Other than that the room was very clean and very presentable even though the fridge was just as empty as mine at home : )

I had a great stay minus the issues with some of the people in my group and to be honest it was made drastically better through the efforts of Steve. So again......kudos to STEVE!

• Stayed June 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Fl. Our guests safety and security is always of extreme importance to us. We are very glad to hear our Front Desk Team was able to make your stay with a pleasant one. On a return visit to our area may I suggest a day at the Rainbow River State Park, always cool and refreshing. Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness,Fl.
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

The staff was very friendly. This was our first time staying. The decor was warm and inviting. The breakfast service is awesome. Clean, well kept rooms. Exceeded every expectation for the price. We have stayed for a whole lot more and received a whole lot less at other hotels. Well done> Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Fl. We do take alot of pride in our hotel. We always strive to make sure our guests are taken care of. When you are in the area again may I suggest a nice day at the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park. Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Fl.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

This newer hotel was a nice surprise for a Holiday Inn. The rooms were super clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. The breakfast in the morning was just so-so with just a few options. I really like the free HIFI internet and the big screened TV's.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. We do offer a very nice complimentary hot deluxe breakfast in the morning. There are always four hot items for you to get your day started right! If you are in the area again may I suggest our Stay and Dine package. This will give you a great opportunity to visit a few of the local favorites, Angelos Ristorante or Charlies Fish House. Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
Clay, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

My wife and I were in Lecanto for the first time and I am glad I found this hotel. The General Manager to all the staff was wonderfully polite and friendly. The hotel has a beautiful blue accent lights on the front of the building welcoming you. Upon entering the building you notice you are greeted by the staff and a immensely clean lobby. They have a business center for us to utilize as well as spaciously gorgeous rooms. We have already booked the room again for our next trip in town.

Mr and Mrs Tenney

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Fl. Our staff does take alot of pride in their property, which we think clearly shows. On your return visit may I suggest a day trip to the Crystal River Archaeoloigal State Park. Always very interesting and fun exploring the Indian Mounds. Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lecanto/Inverness, Florida.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2009

DH and I went to Inverness to visit my grandma for her 80th birthday. Since she had a houseful of people at her house to celebrate with her, we opted for the nearest hotel, which was this one in Lecanto.
Made our reservations on line and got the military rate (thanks, DH!) and checked in at around 2pm with no problem. The hotel is only 17 months new.
Hotel was clean, staff friendly and beds comfy.
Complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was nice with a good selection of foo.
Would stay here again if need be. Best in the area by a long shot.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tell1963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you staying with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. Yes we are centrally located in Citrus County, which does make for an easy visit to anyone in the area. On your next visit with us, may I recommend a manatee tour to the springs of Homosassa and Crystal River with American Pro Diving. Once again Thank you for staying with at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lecanto
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
#7 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Inverness? Share your experiences!