“Great hotel, still very new, always a plus, friendly efficient staff”

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lecanto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sarasota
“Great hotel, still very new, always a plus, friendly efficient staff”
Reviewed April 17, 2009

My husband was on a golf trip, we were both very impressed with this hotel, we had a quiet room at the back, although it was set back quite a way from the road anyway. The pool area was great, very clean and the large tent style cabanas in two of the corners gave it more of a beach feel. The room was well appointed with a larger than normal bathroom, the vanity alcove was especially attractive at the same time as functional. The hot buffet style breakfast was very good for it's type. The staff were really friendly and efficient so would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
tell1963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. Yes, there is always room for a round of golf here in Citrus County. We have many beautiful courses. Next time you are in the area may we suggest a day at the Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park, always a very place to visit. Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Albany
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Everything was great, extremely clean. We were in town visiting family and ended up with a suite on the first floor which was very nice. Beds were comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accomadating. Breakfast was great. A bit of advice make a reservation, this hotel it the only nice one in Lecanto so they fill up fast. A couple ahead of us did not have a reservation and could not find another place. One thing I was disappointed in was the pool, it is not heated and on a cool day it would have been nice for my kids to use it. It was too cool not to be heated and it is in a place that gets a lot of shade. So they were disappointed. I also brought along a little blender to make my own pina coladas, there is not a lounge at the hotel. If you want to unwind and have a drink I suggest you bring a little something. Other than that I highly reccommend this hotel, for leisure or if your just a driving through.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadtripAlbany
tell1963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, January 17, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. We are a family friendly hotel with a great complimentary hot deluxe breakfast for everyone in the morning, with your choice of four hot items. Our pool should actually be getting a heater installed this year, so please keep us in mind if your are passing thru Citrus County again. Thank you again for staying with us at the Holiday Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Due to work, we did not show up on the night of our reservation until about 0300 the next morning. The front desk had our rooms waiting on us even though they were sold out. The staff honored our "Do Not Disturb" signs.

The hotel is pretty new and very clean.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

We will stay there on the next trip.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
tell1963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, January 14, 2010
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
We do have alot of business clients that stay with because of our central location in Citrus County. Our staff strives for guest satisfaction.
Next time you are in the area of Lecanto, stay with us and we can get you setup for a manatee tour with American Pro Diving in Crystal River. Thanks again for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
Mass
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We stayed for three nights while in the area to conduct some business and visit with friends.
The hotel (rooms and breakfast area) was very clean and in great condition. The staff were outstanding in their friendliness and efficiency. We felt like we were being welcomed home every evening when we returned.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
tell1963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl. Our staff always strives to deliver great customer service. We appreciate the wonderful compliment. Since we are centrally located in Citrus County, we are a great destination point. We look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto, Fl.
Schnecksville PA
Reviewed January 19, 2009

It is virtually impossible to find anything to criticize about this Holiday Inn Express. Everything was clean and neat. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than the usual juice, coffee and doughnuts. We were there for 12 nights before Christmas through New Year's Day and even at the busiest of times, everything was topnotch.

• Liked — Friendliness and helpfulness of staff
  • Disliked — Business center had some computer problems, but they were remedied
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tell1963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, January 3, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto Florida. We do offer a Hot Deluxe Complimentary breakfast that everyone seems to enjoy! We look forward to your return visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto Florida. May I suggest to you on your next family visit that take in the sights of the world renowned Rainbow Springs State Park in Dunnellon.
Long Island. NY
Reviewed December 17, 2008

After one year in business, I can say the quality of service at the hotel has been steadily slipping. I can say this as I've stayed there every month since the hotel opened in 12/07. The issues which compelled me to "re-review" this property are:

1) My room (225) was not made up nor cleaned on 12/13. Housekeeping will claim I had the "PRIVACY" sign on the door. I did indeed, but they saw me remove it and leave the room as they were right outside room 227, next door! I even told them verbally that I was finished in the room as I left. The never bothered to go back and re-check the rooms they skipped over initially.

2) On the night of 12/13, I was awoken at 11:00 PM by a local misfit looking for someone in a room on the 2nd floor by knocking on doors. Granted, this may just be the random act of one jackass, but the hotel could seriously use security presence during the evening hours to prevent ignorant guests and THEIR guests from disturbing others.

3) There are "regular" guests who, while doing work in the area, stay at the hotel and become drunk and unruly in the evenings on occasion, only to show up hungover, classless and rude in the breakfast room in the AM. This occurred again during my last stay.

4) La Qunita Inn soap was being used in the guest rooms (with a white gum label placed over the La Quinta brand) in place of the regular Holiday Inn Express soap. Might seem nit-picky, but one wonders why they're using another chain's products.

Concern for the customer is becoming an afterthought in Lecanto as the symptoms I've stated above illustrate. Ownership must be dealt with by the corporate office to prevent potential damage to the Holiday Inn Express brand. I gave management 48 hours to respond to the customer questionnaire I filled out with my concerns, but received no reply.

As a regular customer in good standing and a Priority Gold member WITH NO JOB AT PRESENT, I feel I am not getting the value I expect and deserve for my money at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill_D_from_NY
tell1963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto,Fl. Very glad to see that you have decided to stay with us once again. We do enjoy your compnay when you are in town. Always bringing laughter into the hotel.
Once again thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto,Fl
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 23, 2008

All I can say is WOW. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses many times, but I was amazed how they took care of us. We we in to see family and i mentioned to the front desk person that we had a free day over the weekend, and I woke up to have a printed detailed map with age appropiate events for the kids slid under the door. The General manager was even working with the overnight person to help with the overnight girl to help with training. Everyone here smiled and we were asked by three different employee's if there was any way they could make our stay even better!! I have never been to a hotel where teh entire staff was over the top. This will be my only choice when coming into town, and we havn't even enjoyed the indoor hot tub and heated pool during this cold November weather...since we never brought our suits.

• Liked — Great staff and breakfast!!!
  • Disliked — hard to find, but I was told that a new sign is being placed on the road.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto Florida. Thank you for the opportunity to make your families the best we can offer. Our staff does strive to accomodate all of our guests needs. If in the area again may I suggest a trip to see our world famous manatees with the American Pro Dive Center in Crystal River.
We look forward to your next visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Inverness/Lecanto Florida.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lecanto
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
#8 of 9 in Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Inverness? Share your experiences!