We stopped by this Holiday Inn Express after great stays at other HIE properties lately, and this one was the best! The place is brand new and very well appointed. The bath/shower was large and the room had a flatscreen HDTV (the 1st Ive seen at a cheaper hotel, definitely welcome!) My fiancee and I are not the partying sort, but the lady at the front desk made sure to let us know that anyone under 25 can't book a room due to the partying that happens on the weekends in the area. I actually think thats an awesome idea, compliments to Holiday Inn for keeping the loud riff raff out so that others can enjoy their stay!
The "stay smart" amenities were superb as usual (no rusted shower head, fresh sheets and no ugly/nasty comforter). The bed was extremely comfortable, and this is coming from someone who HATES ALL BEDS! :)
All in all, our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was perfect, and the price was right! We showed up and grabbed a room for about $100 at 9 pm, which was exactly what we were looking for after a long day!
A word of warning- stay in the Inverness area if you're visiting Homosassa or Crystal River, avoid those two rowdy biker towns like the plague! The hotels are all shoddy and the clientele is not what the average person is comfortable with. Holiday Inn is the 1st "nice" hotel we saw after hours of searching in the Homosassa area, and Im glad we drove the extra 20 minutes, it was well worth it! If I ever return to the area, I will definitely give them my business again! Another great stay at Holiday Inn Express!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comfort of the new Inverness/Lecanto Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. This Inverness, Florida, hotel is located in beautiful Citrus County, a fantastic destination for both leisure and business travelers.All guests stay in oversized rooms, with plush bedding, oversized work desk, small fridge and microwave and complimentary high speed internet access. Satellite TV can be watched on your 32 inch flat screen TV. While staying at this Inverness, Florida hotel, enjoy amenities that include an outdoor heated pool, 24-hour fitness center and free hot breakfast bar. Business services include faxing, copying, printing and available computer use. Families will love staying at this Inverness, Florida green certified hotel, located just off Highway 44. The hotel offers convenient access to several local attractions, including the Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park and world-class golf courses. Other nearby activities include fishing charters, diving for Gulf scallops as well as manatee tours on Crystal River or King's Bay. With advance notice, the front desk can make discounted reservations for guided manatee tours. Directly across from the hotel is the 157,000 acre Withlacoochee State Forest offering an array of outdoor activities from off-road motorcycling to hunting, hiking and fishing. The Withlacoochee State Trail is a 46-mile long paved rails to trails bicycle path, the longest in the state. Business travelers can enjoy the convenient location of our hotel in Inverness, FL. Situated between Inverness and Crystal River, this hotel offers close proximity to local businesses such as Wal-Mart, the Citrus Memorial Hospital, Citrus County Courthouse and the Progress Energy Nuclear Power Plant. In addition, there is meeting space for up to 25 people with available audio/visual equipment and free high-speed, wireless Internet. An assortment of restaurants and bars are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel Lecanto
- Holiday Inn Inverness
- Holiday Inn Express Lecanto
- Lecanto Holiday Inn