“Hidden Treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rusty Duck Restaurant - CLOSED

Rusty Duck Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

One of the best kept secrets in Lecanto is the "Rusty Duck." A small (seats 40 - maybe) people, this little "Hole-in-the-wall," is surprisingly good, no Excellent! Love the fact it appears to be an abandoned house, gravel parking, and as you pull in you'd think it's deserted. They open the doors presisely at 5pm, don't show up early cause you can't sit around and chat. Reservations ARE required. It's a BYOB (I love it) but they do provide mix. Food is - wait for it - EXCELLENT! The prime rib is to DIE for! (I honestly think it was three pounds!) They have a varied menu, fish, steaks, pork, etc. A wait staff of three hustles around, while the kitchen crew is dishing up the mouth-watering entree's. Well worth the money!

• Visited April 2012

The Villages, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let appearance fool you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Heard about this restaurant last year and had been looking forward to having dinner here. Don't let the outside fool you!!!!!! What's behind the door is a truly dining experience. We had reservations for 5 at 7PM and we finished our dinner at 9:30PM. We got to enjoy each course in a relaxed atmosphere with time between to digest our food without being rushed. Three in the group had prime rib, one had a shrimp entree and I had Duck Emily. Everything is made to order and fresh. Amazing! Amazing!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Nancy N
Homosassa Springs, Florida
“excelent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Need reservations as the restaurant is small. Pure excelence in service , ambiance, and food. Will definitely return. Highly recomend.

Visited December 2011
The Villages, Florida
“Don't be deceived”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

When I first viewed the pictures of this place, I wondered if it would still be standing when we go there. Actually, it wasn't as bad as the pictures. It is casual, no doubt about it. Fancy, it is not! However, the interior is not terrible as some would make it out to be. Just a little funky, but comfortable. Menu is broad, lots of choices. Food is very good to excellent. The prime rib is a bit overwhelming, and my wife said it did not have much flavor; however, it was cooked properly (medium-rare) and was a nice cut of meat. I suspect part of the problem is the sheer size of the cut—hard to have good flavor in in piece of meat that large. I had the duck creole, and it was excellent, albeit spicy—but I guess that is to be expected when you order creole. Overall, the food was really quite good and the service was excellent. BYOB, so you have to remember to bring wine if that's what you want. Prices are not unreasonable considering the quality and quantity of the food. We'd go back. Also, there are only two seatings—5:30 and 7:30—we went at 7:30 with a large group. Friends have said that the 5:30 seating is better, not sure why, but they were referring to the prime rib, which I don't eat.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida, United States
“So worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I drive from Tampa to Ocala to visit family and that is one of only two places we go out to eat at. Yes the outside looks like an old abandoned garage, and the inside isn't much better, maybe an old ladies house, but the selection and quality of food is really amazing! I just went for Mother's Day weekend 5/2012 and had the Bree and Seafood bisque as appetizers, both were outstanding. I also love how you can bring your own beverages, helps the wallet at the end of the night. I have always had a great meal and superior service. Plan to be there for about two hours, just like eating at home with family, talking and enjoying eachothers company. This place is so worth trying at least one time in your life, you don't know what you're missing!

• Visited May 2012