“Best korean restaurant in town! !!!”
Review of DA Mee Rak Korean Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
DA Mee Rak Korean Cuisine
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Great food! Great service!!
If you never try korean bbq then its definitely a place to visit!!!!
Their bachan (side-dish) is the best! If you're looking for solid korean food? Da mee rak is the one!
With new onwership, new chef,
They could cook real korean food, fresh, genuine, food!
No msg! Oh! Their lunch menu is great, too!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Arrived with my gf to try Korean BBQ. A little worried that the place was pretty empty, however that proved in our favor (it got busier as the night got later).

Service: Our server (a young man) was more than happy to answer all of our questions (and we had many). He checked on us often enough that we never were "out" of sides, but not too often that it was annoying.

Food: Portions were great for two decent appetites. We had some sake with our meal (a nice array of Korean choices). We started with a "seafood pancake" which was delicious--loaded with octopus and fresh veggies (we ended up taking half home so we could save room for dinner). Dinner included the pork belly and shaved beef bbq. The pork belly had excellent flavor (our server recommened the oil/salt/pepper sauce to enhance the flavor and he was spot on). The shaved beef tasted as it if had been injected with a flavorful bbq sauce that really brought out a delightful flavor. Sides were very fresh and each with a unique taste.

Price: I would say right on the money. The portion size and freshness make up for any question on the price.

Ambience: Eh. It was clean, but you wont mistake it for a multi-million dollar decor by any means. It just was just simple, a little too much "stuff" on the shelves for my taste.

Both of us enjoyed our first experience with Korean BBQ and would def make a second (or more) trip there.

2  Thank Venis3
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Brand New Owners & Remodeled!

But best of all is the Quality of Food they are serving now… it is Amazing! we had been there before and we liked it, but now, we loved it!

It is our new Korean Restaurant to Go.

1  Thank Momiof2
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband, daughter and I went to Da Mee Rak because it is close to her home and we had never tried Korean food before. We were there around 6 pm on a Thursday night and there was only one small group there. We stood there to be seated for several minutes and I finally went to get someone to seat us. However, after that the service was good.

We opted for the barbecue because it is cooked at your table and it sounded fun. We ordered the short ribs, ribeye rib tips and galbi, a marinated beef dish. The server came back to our table with 6 different side dishes that included potato, radish, cabbage, cucumber and some kind of jelly dish. She also brought lettuce salad and a think pepper sauce to eat with the meat. White rice is served in little metal tins with lids; they are hot so don't touch them until they cool. Of the side dishes we liked the sliced radish dish the best and the jellied dish the least. I really enjoyed the thick pepper paste. The side dishes vary. I also ordered the Bali tea, which is very weak and they drink it without any sweetener, so that is how I drank it. It is supposed to be good for digestion. It was ok but I like my hot tea a little stronger.

Our server brought out the meat and explained that it is marinated for up to 48 hours, depending on the dish. There is a small grill in the middle of the table that the server uncovers and lights. She cooked the thin slices of meat along with onions before us. She used scissors to cut the pieces of meat. We ate from small plates and she placed some of the meat on our plates for us. All of the meat was delicious but we loved the ribeye!

All in all it was a good experience. I would recommend the ribeye.

1  Thank Hrpamw
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Da Mee Rak has amazing Korean food. I'm not Korean; however, have worked in a Korean restaurant for a year w/ 5 different owners w/ 5 different chefs so I know how Korean food is suppose to taste like. I highly recommend to go for BBQ because the portion is big enough to bring left overs home. The soups are delicious too. The price is affordable. I will definitely come back for my Korean food craving day;-)