“Just like the old days.”
Review of Pastrami Club - CLOSED

Pastrami Club
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Dunlap, Tennessee
“Just like the old days.”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stopped in for old times sake; it had been over 8 years since I was there last. We moved up to Tennessee years ago and theres nothing like it where we are, for sure.
The atmosphere is nostalgic - they were busy when I came in for lunch so it took a little while to get served. I was in no hurry and munched on the pickels they bring over. Once I ordered, the soup came right out and was steaming hot the way I like- and really good too. The corned beef was not the best i've had , but not bad either. Glad to see they are still here all these years.

• Visited November 2011

Fort Lauderdale
“A Good Old Fashioned New York Neighborhood Deli”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Just like we had in every section of Brooklyn. Terrific pastrami and corned beef.....french fries..... no atmosphere. Just great deli. Order it with a glass of seltzer.
Great sides.... and KISHKA. When's the last time you had a kishka nosh?
Go right now. The heartburn is worth it.

• Visited October 2011
Lauderhill, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eh...”
Reviewed September 5, 2009

If you want service with a smile, you might want to go somewhere else. Most of the help seems to be unhappy. The food is so-so, they have good enough pastrami & corned beef, but I didn't like anything else. I love Reuben's, Rachel's but wouldn't order them here, I don't like their dressing. Don't like their cole slaw. I avoid this place even when I want pastrami & corned beef, because I'd rather go to places where they have friendly service with a smile and just as good food. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend unless he enjoys being served by people who don't like to smile and doesn't know anywhere else to get decent pastrami or corned beef.

1 Thank cindiwass
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NY in FLA”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

We were in town for a family event and we looked online for help in finding a NY Jewish-Style deli in West Broward. There were a few reviews on The Pastrami Club and we decided to try it out. The food was great. I had a tongue sandwich which was as good as I've ever had. Nice and warm. My wife had a bowl of matzo ball soup which couldn't be better. After she got hers, I had to order one for myself. Her pastrami sandwich was like mine, the best. Somehow, their meats are perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. Our waiter was from NJ and made a perfect egg cream that I had for dessert. We will definitely be returning on our next trip.

1 Thank DDekow
Fort Lauderdale
“Last great Fort Lauderdale Pastrami Deli”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Had a business lunch with a client at 12 noon on a Thursday, a day ago. We both ordered the largest sandwiches, 10 ounces of pastrami heaped on great, fresh rye bread and not the lean variety although this is offered. (They also serve 5 and 7 ounce sizes.) I had to take half to-go because of the size, my friend ate the whole thing and was looking dangerously at my spare. As former New Yorkers, me Wiliamsbutg, Brooklyn and a Katz's Deli devotee (on the other side of the bridge) , him Buffalo, we agreed that the taste and serving size were outstanding. This was a first visit for both of us. The pickles were delicious and the serving generous. Finished off with cream soda and RBC diet root beer. Great service from what is a traditional jewish deli. Very clean accomodations. Menu looked great and I'll return with my wife to try some of the specialities. Nothing else like this left in Broward County. Hope this doesn't disappear like the rest.