“Dirty”

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #24 of 91 Restaurants in Lauderhill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Dirty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I will say this-the Pasta-laya was excellent and they didn't skimp on the shrimp and sausage. I will crave this dish for sure but wouldnt get it from the Lauderhill location. It looked and felt incredibly dirty in there. Our server was alright, not at all enthusiastic about being there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lymac7

Miami, Florida
“Best Birthday Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were a party of 6, celebrating a birthday. Our experience was amazing! The decor is rustic and very casual - the atmosphere is friendly, loud and lively - periodic musical interaction with the guests is FUN and really enhances the experience!!

On your table, you will find a roll of paper towel, a bucket of utensils, condiments, a large sunken empty bucket for trash, shells, etc. Before your meal, the Server will put a bib on you. If you're as messy as I am, you'll feel like you need a shower afterwards :-D

Our party ordered hush puppies and buckets of crawfish as appetizers - the crawfish were spicy, juicy, and delicious............the hush puppies were also delicious and were served with a dipping sauce.

We ordered steampots that you select based on the seafood that that you want, and the seasonings that you want. I selected the Arctic because I wanted a lobster. So my steampot came with a whole lobster, a cluster of crab legs, shrimps, sausage, potato, and corn on the cob. It was seasoned with Old Bay and garlic. My "pot" was about $29. Another family member chose a pot with mussels, clams, shrimps, etc. My daughter ordered popcorn shrimps with fries and she said it was delicious - her meal was about $10. Wet wipes will be given to you at the end of your meal.

WARNING: The desserts portions are extremely large so for example, the Chocolate Cake can easily share for 3 people, as can the Key Lime Pie!!

Some items were a little bit on the pricey side, but when you factor in the experience we had, it was well worth it for a special occasion. They also sell T-shirts, and souvenirs by the front door. We had the best time, and I am already planning on returning!!!

“Nasty.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Walking into this decrepit restaurant you notice the establishment smells of decay. The food is disgusting and over priced. I though my meal was bad until I walked into the bathroom and saw black mold inside EVERY toilet. If I didn't already feel sick from the smell and nasty food this sight pushed me over the edge.I would never eat here ever again. The service was slow and lacked attention.

2 Thank Daisy623
“Steamer Pots!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were really in the mood for seafood and pulled into this place. Relaxed atmosphere and attentive service. Did I mention steamer pots! I was so happy when I saw these and ordered the classic Joe's. all of our food was hot, fresh and tasty! I love the shell bucket in the table and the roll of paper towels. I could dig into my crab legs unabashed! The corn on the cob was awesome too.

Boca Raton, FL
“Surprisingly good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant in years. The neighborhood changed and I haven't found myself in the area in a long time. I was glad to see that they were still there and the quality still good. Today, I had a meeting fairly close by and my colleague and I were looking around to find someplace for a quick lunch during a one hour break. Sadly, it wasn't busy at all because the menu was appealing and the service was good. My mahi mahi fish sandwich was fresh, plentiful, and very tasty.

• Visited June 2013