“Best of Best”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It is a bit of a drive for me to go to this place so very often but I do for special occasion (dates, birthdays, habit breaker hang outs, etc). Love it for the cleanliness, attentive servers and owner, fairly priced for the flavor and experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The charcoal BBQ was a bit expensive, but a good experience. My wife is Korean, and we found the cuisine authentic and well made. Four of us shared 2 meat choices for the charcoal BBQ, and the accompanying side dishes. We also had 2 appetizers - the seafood pancake and the Tokpoki. The appetizers were excellent, especially the Tokpoki. The staff was very friendly, and as we waited for a charcoal table to come open, we were asked by several different members of the staff if we wanted to sit at a regular table. But we had come to experience the charcoal, and the wait was only about 15 minutes.

We were a bit disappointed that we had to pay extra for 2 small bowls of rice ($2 ea), and they gave just a few lettuce leaves to wrap the bbq in, as it is traditional to put some rice, bean paste, meat, and maybe some of the side dishes, all together on some lettuce and wrap it up and eat it. They also used Romaine, whereas red leaf, green leaf, or Bibb lettuce are much better choices for wraps. They were also out of several dessert options, like Korean donuts, which my wife really wanted.

We'll definitely visit again, but earlier in the evening (we arrived around 7:30 PM). It cost about $26/person, plus tip, and we shared BBQ meant for 2 people. So you pay for the experience as much as you do the food.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a great Korean dinner here. For those of you who have not had authentic Korean( sorry Sakaya Kitchen), this is great place to have it.

First of all do not expect a cheap meal. They use only the freshest items here at Gabose.

We started our meal with the Mandu(pot stickers) and they were delicious. We had td Jap Chae, a clear sweet potatoes stir fry dish that was delicious as well, a bit on the sweet side. Finishing with a delicious Seafood Pancake that was served with a semi spicy soy sauce based dipping sauce.

Dinner was a smorgasbord of different items for the 8 of us. We started with the Bulgogi, nice thinly marinated rib eye steak which you get to cook yourself. We also had the boneless Galbi, marinated short ribs which was delicious but a bit chewier than the Bulgogi. We had the pork Galbi which was delicious as well. We cooked all 3 to the desired temperature, but I like a little charring on my medium/medium well.

We also had the baby octopus, but they were a little chewy.

Don't forget to wrap some of the meet taco style with a Lillie bean sauce. It was great!

We had a pork bone hot pot soup that was a spicy and savory. It had in there a very aromatic green vegetable that was awesome.

Had a seafood soup with their own hand pulled noodles. The noodles were great, although I wished they stir fried them. The soup was okay by my standards. Seasoned okay, but nothing out of this world.

Beat of all was the Bibimbap. A rice dish served in a very hot earthen bowl which holds the heat in to create a crusty rice edge with a little sliced rib eye, aromatic veggie and other things, then topped off with a fried egg. Mix everything well and enjoy it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I always go here when we go out to eat. My wife always get the bogogi (sp?) but it is consistently good and I usually get a bubbling hot soup that has a mix of seafood in it which is a bit spicy but nothing that would offend the slightest spicy tolerance. The bogogi is a simple sweet style beef that melts in your mouth and comes with a dozen side vegetables that you can mix in it as well. We always get great service and they are more than helpful with first time go-ers since we went here after a fighting car ride about always going to chain restaurants and never venturing out of my wife and I's bubble. If the prices where maybe 15% lower we would probably go every week but it is still a once or twice a month visit! Don't be scared to try new things and ask the servers which is most popular if you are having trouble making a choice!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to eat here with a friend on a business trip. Initial impression was that it was clean, though a little hectic- this ended up being its shortfall. The prices were a bit high, but we both found things we wanted to eat at a price we were willing to pay. The problem came when they were out of what I ordered and brought me a menu- I found something else to eat, but the server didn't come back to check. Another one came by and asked if we were ready to order- I explained what happened and he asked for my new order- I voiced concern about a different server taking my order and he assured me that they all work together. My friend's food came- a big bowl of bibimbap that he said was excellent, but nothing for me... at least not until he had completely finished. They brought my dish- one that is served cold- over 30 min after I ordered- no one checked on us in the meantime. I said I no longer wanted it and they said that was okay and they wouldn't charge me "this time." I left hungry...