“Very friendly staff and great food”

Gabose Korean & Japanese Rstrt
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Lauderhill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The management of this restaurant clearly "have their act together". The night we went the place was pretty well packed, with a substantial Asian clientele.

Many Korean staples were present on the menu, including Korean barbecue. The only old favorite of mine that I didn't find on the menu was monk fish soup.

As I was really tired I only ordered an appetizer-sized seafood soup. My friend ordered a full-size shredded beef soup and my wife ordered a different seafood soup and entree. My son only eats a very limited array of foods so we only ordered some soda for him (and it was off to Miami Subs after we left Gabose).

With sharing around the table I had plenty to eat. Our food came with Korean style side dishes (Kim Chi, pickled vegetables, bean sprouts, etc.) which we decimated in short order. Even my appetizer-size soup came with a little plate of cool vegetable and apple pieces in a creamy sauce of some kind. All gone!

My wife is from Thailand and I've been eating spicy food for decades, so nothing was terribly hot for us, nor was it too hot for my [American] friend whose taste doesn't run quite as hot as ours.

Don't bring a friend like my late father who looks for the "American" food on the menu. Come with people who appreciate Korean / Japanese cuisine, and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Every time I step in this restaurant, I forget I'm actually in Florida! Great food, great staff ... it brings back so many beautiful memories. 감사합니다

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Large portions. Authentic Korean. Large variety. Korean and Japanese alcoholic beverage choices. Has long tables for large parties. Friendly wait staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The atmosphere here is very authentic as well as the food. This restaurant is also spotless! The service was very good and the food was brought to us promptly. Good Korean food is sometimes hard to find, but they did an outstanding job and I surely will return.

Everyone is very friendly and attentive. They make you feel very welcome.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice grilled beef. I took several friend there and they all like it. I specially like the rice wine. It taste sooooo good !