“The best Korean BBQ in the area...”
Review of R.O.K

R.O.K
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Lauderhill
Cuisines: Korean
Coral Springs, Florida
“The best Korean BBQ in the area...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am going to share a couple of VERY important points (which I wish I had known earlier) right off the bat:

*** YES, they do offer an all you can eat Korean BBQ but do not think that you are going to walk in the place and see the monstrous buffet tables that we are so used to at other places. This is not how they roll at R.O.K. all of the food here is fresh and made to order and you will be astounded at the amount of food they bring out your table will literally be covered with different food options.

*** The service...awesome...but do not expect to try and get the server's attention by sticking your finger in the air and flagging them down or saying "excuse me" out loud for example. At R.O.K. they have a doorbell type of device on each table and this is what is used to call your server over and believe me they are very quick and attentive to all of your needs; you just need to ring the bell.

Onto the good stuff...the food at this place is absolutely delicious and bursting with flavor we have been back twice in a week. Do yourself a favor and get the $22/person all you can eat BBQ and if you like ribs pay the extra $5 and go with the $27 deal. Both options are amazing considering the quantity and quality of the food. Again, the food is made to order so it is FRESH and has not been sitting under a buffet lamp for hours.

They start you off with a few select "appetizers" consisting of potato salad, bean sprouts, a small type of egg pancake/soufflé, just to name a few that are a warm-up to the main event (the BBQ).

Man, I cannot say enough good things about their BBQ...I am Brazilian born so I like to think that I know a thing or two about a good BBQ and I will be honest and say that I was VERY skeptical at first but I must say that they exceeded my expectations. With the $22 deal you get chicken breast, beef, deliciously spicy pork, and the decadent pork belly. The pork belly and spicy pork are hands down my favorites. The pork belly is cooked to perfection and is crispy; the spicy pork is almost like pulled pork in consistency and is loaded with flavor. We like to take the lettuce leaves that they bring you and put the meat and rice in the leaves along with some of the other goodies (condiments and sauces) that they bring you. Trust me, every single bite is a trip to "Flavor-town" and you will not be disappointed. Again, eat all you want, if you want more they will bring out more FRESH food for you and your party.

I will end this by talking about the dessert...I met "Mike" the owner of R.O.K. and I must say that he is a culinary talent and is twisted (in a very good way). You must, I repeat you must have the funnel cake sundae, it is one of the best desserts I have ever had but I can't help but marvel at the simplicity. They take a hot and crispy funnel cake, top it with fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, and whipped cream. Need I say more? This invention is sheer culinary genius; please make sure that as you eat this you get a bit of each layer in each spoon, outstanding. The presentation also is very impressive.

The service and the staff are outstanding. Yesterday for example my daughter dropped her spoon and with seconds our server came by with fresh utensils saying "I thought I heard something drop on the floor?" that is what I all service folks. When you ring the bell on the table they literally run over to attend to your needs. The staff is just so courteous and so humble that it is a pleasure to spend my money here but like I said the food here is outstanding and in the end it is always about the food.

Needless to say I highly recommend this place, do yourself a favor and pay R.O.K. a visit, you will be hooked.

• Visited April 2013