“Average, and slightly expensive”
Review of Misky Peruvian Cuisine - CLOSED

Misky Peruvian Cuisine
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was expecting really authentic food and I thought the food was a actually a bit average. I got the Jalea Misky which was a combination of fried mussels, fish, shrimp and octopus. It was actually pretty tasty but nothing I'd order again, it seemed kind of like bar food. There didn't appear to be enough dipping sauce and the food was a little too dry. The cool thing about the menu was the Peruvican beer called Cosquena, this was delicious. Overall I did think the prices were a little expensive for what you got, like my meal didn't come with any bread or anything (just peanuts...). They also served these pastries at the front desk which were tasty but $3 each, they were only the size of a cookie. I thought that was a little high. The service was a little slow too, only three tables were occupied but the food did take a bit long to come out.

1  Thank threelittlefish856

Reviewed February 20, 2014

A Peruvian acquaintance of ours told us about Misky, so we tried it; otherwise. frankly, we might have continued to pass by it as we have done many times before. We expected it to be a local, 'greasy spoon' type restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, how lovely and tastefullydone the décor was, and how nice the service was. We shared a delicious appetizer of Tamal Criollo con Chicharron, a tamale stuffed with chicken and pork chunks, and ordered the Pechuga de Pollo a la Plancha (grilled chicken marinated in Peruvian spices) and Pollo al Ajo con Camarones (grilled chicken topped with shrimp). Both dishes, of more than ample size, were accompanied with white rice and plantains, and were absolutely wonderful. We ended up taking home half of each, and reluctantly didn't have room for dessert. This place is a definite keeper and we hope that it is a great success because it deserves to be.

2  Thank ItalyLovers4Ever_10
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has food better than many of the highly rated restaurants in Peru. Delicious, individually prepared to taste and authentic....great cebiche and the best aji de gallina. Yummy empanadas. This restaurant is off the beaten track in a strip mall .....go! Go! Go! To have wonderful food and to support this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Bcereus
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

As a peruvian I can say that this is the worst restaurant ever. The food is terrible. We tried the tallatines verdes and I can tell you that it was bad. The same with the ceviche. The service was bad! The waitress tried to be so smart that tried to tell me how to discipline my 2 yr old! Wth!! Obviously not going back.....

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Misky (roughly "tasty" in Quechua) has opened near my home, and we checked it out recently. We discovered a real gem.
Décor is attractive, service friendly and efficient. Prices are not cheap, but are reasonable for the quality of food.
We went with a friend, and no dish was less than wonderful. My wife and I split a shrimp Causa, layers of mashed potato and shrimp with three sauces, Amarillo pepper, mayo, and an olive-infused sauce--spectacular, and beautifully presented. Our friend had crab stuffed dumplings, fried crispy with the same Amarillo sauce, just as yummy!
For our entrée, the wife had churrasco steak a la pobre, with a fried egg on the beautifully marinated steak, and rice. Our friend had a dish of shrimp with garlic, nuts, and Aji sauce. I got Jalea Mixta, a huge mound of perfectly fried seafood--shrimp, mussles, fish, and octopus, with Aji sauce and tartar--too big even for a heavy eater like me to finish, but all fresh and tasty (no small feat with stuff like mussels and octopus).
I can't vouch for authenticity (though other reviews from Peruvians confirm it), but we've travelled in Peru and in Chile (which has an odd fondness for Peruvian restaurants), and Misky compares favorably with anything we've had in South America. We'll definitely be back.
Check out their excellent website: http://miskyperuviancuisine.com/

1  Thank KentheEnchanter