“Our new home away from home”

Shore Haven Resort Inn
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best places I've ever stayed. It is 2 blocks from the public beach, restaurants, and shops. It is family run, creating a sense of community while providing personalized service. All staff are helpful, friendly, and accommodating. We intended to stay for a week and stayed 5! The community amenities are well maintained and clean. Friendly and affordable!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed 4 nights...easy check in, free parking ..hotel as many small clean pools, very relaxing chairs, tables, also hot tubs, and bar-b-qs available....ice machine, microwave also available as well as guest laundry ..
We had reg room, no kitchen, but had cups, glasses, corkscrew , mini fridge and coffee maker... AC worked wonderfully, as well as ceiling fan....Next visit definitely will take room with kitchenette as Publix grocery store is just a short walk away....
Location of motel perfect...across street from fantastic restaurants..ie Village Grill! And of course the beautiful beach and ocean...
House keeping was done everyday, however was surprised that they didn't change or clean cups and glasses unless asked...especially since we didn't have a kitchenette to do ourselves....but they did provide me with clean glasses once I asked....otherwise no complaints...they even provide amenities such as shampoo....
Will definitely return and recommend as Shore Haven had everything we needed and more!

Room Tip: Room with kitchenette well worth it as Publix grocery store just a short walk away....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been going to the Shore Haven for years. It is family owned and they run it great. Very friendly. It is clean and reasonable. Two pools one heated one not. We go back there every year. Close to everything that you need. The beach is one block away. The supermarket is within walking distance. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ccsout
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a nice and small resort that I have returned to this year. Last year was my first visit and it was fun! Spent time with a few retiree's and they were a blast. This year, since we visited in August it was nice and quiet. We did see one of friends we met last year and that's what's nice about this place, you keep coming back. This place does have a laundry room and the pools are always available. The beach is in walking distance, less than 1 1/2 blocks along with a souvenir shop, nice restaurants and ice cream shop! The owners are great people and always so helpful.

Room Tip: Getting a room on the first level is always nice the pool is right outside your door. Having a seco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marciela6358
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for six nights after arriving at the Beachcomber "resort" down the road, which looked like a crack house. I am so glad I turned into their driveway. I was visiting for job and house hunting for my impending move to the area. I was wary since I usually stay in 5-star hotels, but with trying to keep the cost down I took a gamble. My room was clean and large. No weird smells, no pests, no noise from rooms on either side. Arthur, the property manager, and his dad were so sweet and helpful. There was a coffee maker and fridge in my room, the outdoor common areas and pool were spotless, and they also have a microwave to use, laundry, and a hot tub. So the room is still kind of stuck in the 70s, but as I said it was clean as a whistle. The air conditioning unit worked great, and there were windows on both ends of the room for cross-breeze if that's what you like. I would go back there and recommend it in a heartbeat. And as I always suggest when closing a review...don't forget to tip the chambermaids!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Winedineandtravel
Reviewed July 23, 2013

For the past 10 years my family and I have rented out a hotel along the beach. We've frequented the former Clarion (which was fantastic) but upon its closure moved down the block to the Shore Haven. Each year we take a minimum of 10 rooms during the WEEK of 4th of July. I have family from New York, New Jersey, & North Carolina fly in for a great sea-side holiday. This hotel doesn't advertise itself as an upscale resort so I'll forgive it for its obvious shortcomings, the desperate need of a paint job, the new furniture or mattresses that are required, or the trail of ants in the kitchenettes - not to mention the holiday snowflake lights still hanging in July. One of my family members even brings his own shower head because of the horrible water pressure. Needless to say, we come here for the convenient location and beautiful setting of Lauderdale by the Sea. However, this year was different. We had our usual daytime pool fun and bbq but as families tend to do stayed up laughing and enjoying the night. On our 3rd night, the owners son came down just before midnight and sat directly in front of my family on one of the pool chairs with his arms crossed just staring at us. It was clear he was trying to be intimidating, suggesting we were being rowdy or loud. Keep in mind, we take up nearly 10 rooms in a block of this small inn. We practically had one entire wing of the place! Who could we be bothering? Finally, one of my uncles went over to him and asked what's going on? He replied, that we can't make up our own rules, we should be in bed by 10 o'clock, we're loud, and he wouldn't honor our reservation next year. We couldn't believe the lack of professionalism and hospitality. The remainder of our vacation was ruined by a cloud of toxic energy that was fuled by the hotel management. Shore Haven truly is a sad excuse for a Lauderdale resort and in my opinion is only wasting space on the strip. We'll continue to enjoy our 4th of July celebration but we'll be sure to take our get together somewhere else next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank HotelInnsider
Reviewed June 26, 2013

A friend of mine has been staying here for years and recommended it and I am so glad he did. First of all the prices are a steal. It is just a couple of blocks off the beach and near plenty of food, beverages and cigars. The person who checked us in was efficient if not overly friendly. Pleasant enough however. The rooms were very clean, the beds very comfortable, and the courtyard around the pool off the rooms was this little oasis. You couldn't tell you were just off the street. They have grills (one family was at the pool using the grill...smelled so good) and barbecues around the grounds. They have nice chairs and tables situated all around so you can swim and sit and chat with friends or other travelers. While chatting with other guests most of them had been to this hotel several times and always had good experiences. I know we did and will be staying here anytime we come to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends