Shore Haven Resort Inn
Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$115
$103
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$99
Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$115
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$195
Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$85
Tropicaire Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Pool
Dolphin Harbor Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
$65
Hotel Seacrest(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
$110
Courtyard Villa(Lauderdale by the Sea)
$145
Agoda.com
Windjammer Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
$225
All reviewswalking distancepool and jacuzzian older propertycoffee makergrocery storehalf milepalm treesrooms were very cleanfishing pierperfect spotshops and restaurantssmall kitchenfew blocksbeach chairsarthurefficiencylauderdale
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Shore Haven was better than I expected, considering the room price. The property is close enough to the beach and pier to walk back and forth several times a day. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is cute, but most of the restaurants we went to were overpriced for what they were. That made the full kitchen in the room even better... we ended up just grabbing groceries instead of dining out.

The room was basic but clean and quiet. It's not a five-star resort people... it's great for family or friends travel. If you're used to plush carpet, an ornate lobby and an on-site spa, this probably isn't the place for you. It is, however, clean, quaint, and close to everything you need in a cute seaside village close to a bigger city.

Shore Haven's owner was helpful and really polite with us from questions I had at booking, to checking in, and all through our stay. We (four women) were all very happy with the hotel, so much so that we all plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms are on two floors, no elevator so ask for lower level if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Miranda M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where do I begin????
I am a local of Florida and yes like to have fun on my family vacations which I believe is what a vacation means??? to me. My idea of fun is laughing, swimming and enjoying my family's company. We reserved 2 rooms to celebrate my sister in law and niece's birthday on Labor Day weekend. My handicap grandfather was staying with me and my husband and son on the first floor. We had not even walked in the door and was rudely confronted by "RICHARD" the office clerk?? who needs MAJOR customer service training. He told us that there were a lot of people and did not want us to make any noise because people from Miami make a lot of noise late in the evening. First of all, we do not make noise and second of all we are on vacation and can make all the noise we like especially if we are paying for it ??? Our neighbors were screaming all day all night and nothing was said to them..however were greeted everyday??? Richard passed us daily with not even a HELLO?? smoking 24 hours a day...We did not have any cleaning service, no garbage was picked up, no towels given. Big mistake to the locals because we live here, tourists will come and go. So unfortunate that word of mouth is everything here in Florida and the word will go around not to stay in such an unfriendly piece of crap !!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Carmen F
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very kind. There is a pool on location and the beach is a less than 5 minute walk straight ahead. There are a few nice places to eat and drink the same distance.

Room Tip: Get the king size bed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamestmD
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I can not imagine how anyone would write a bad review of this hotel. Yes, it is a bit dated but that is ALL you will find in Lauderdale by the Sea. That is the charm of it. It is mostly if not all mom and pop type hotels. No big chain hotels. It is a bit quirky which is what I loved about this small little community. The room was very clean. I had internet. Room smelt fine. No bugs of any kind! Great airconditioning. Helpful and friendly at the front desk. It seemed to me that there are a bunch of long term residents there. Everyone seemed to know eachother. One night it looked like there was a pool party going on or some kind of cook out. I felt so comfortable. I felt like I was staying at a relatives house. All the other guest said hello when we past them. The place is in walking distance from the town which is so charming. Just remember this before you go....this is not a hilton, motel 6, hampton inn, marriot nor holiday inn. If that is what you are looking for do not come to this small quaint town. Do not expect elevators and garage parking. I loved it and I especially love how the manager/owner comments on all reviews to this site. That is customer service.

Room Tip: Rated restauant and fitness center as excellent but there is not a restaurant nor fitness center. Just did not want to write terrible as a choice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cindykarwoski
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We found Shorehaven in 2009 and for health reasons were unable to return until April this year. It was like coming home! Adam and Arthur, owners of the Inn had everything set -up as requested. The room we like most, the mobility equipment I had rented for my wife who is recovering from hip surgery and even an introduction to the family doctor when I had an ear infection.
I have always been reluctant to return to a destination after having a great time. I believe it never is the same.

Well this time it was even better. We didn't bother renting a car because everything you need is basically right next to the resort. The three pools sparkle invitingly. There is a bike rental station right at the front door, and the beach only a block away. Arthur arranged for "Mad Max" our limo driver to collect us at the airport and take us back so transportation was easy. We will be returning next winter and enjoying their Hospitality .... with a capital "H".

Peter & Tinker