This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel because of the amazing view and accessibility to the beach. The hotel is about a 25 minute ride from the Ft. Lauderdale airport ($35.00). It's in a very quiet location, and the surrounding area has small-town feel. We have stayed both times in the junior suite on the lower floor and can't imagine staying anywhere else. You walk right out onto a small patio, which leads you right onto the beach. You can rent a lounge chair for $3.00 per day (it would be nice if that was included in your hotel price, if you have more than 2 people staying for a week, it can get pricey) and take an umbrella from the pool and you are set for the day. There are about 4 restaurants within walking distance, plus a Walgreen's and a 7 Eleven. There was also a Village market (right across from 101 Ocean restaurant on El Mar and Commercial) where you could purchase cold cuts, and cheese, and liquor. Walgreen's also has a liquor store right across from the pharmacy on Ocean Blvd. (A1A). The Galleria Mall (Sunrise Blvd.)is about a 10 minute cab ride ($12.00) and worth the trip. We found the complementary breakfast sufficient, you get your basic fare. The staff was quite helpful, every time we asked for something, they were very accommodating. The room is large, queen size bed with a kitchenette, dining table and a very good size bathroom (bathrobes, safe, iron and board included).
We didn't have a car and didn't find a grocery store within walking distance, but I am sure there is one somewhere.....also when staying on the lower floor you do encounter few lizards, so if one is squeemish and doesn't like the little criters you may choose to stay in one of the upper floors.
We checked out number of hotels along the beach, and this hotel is the one. It's right on the beach, good size hotel, plenty of parking, close to restaurants, what more can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida