“Great food, Fun Time..OPA !!”
Review of Athena By The Sea

Athena By The Sea
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed in Lauderdale By the Sea for the week. Athena By The Sea was the best place in Town. The flaming cheese was superb. The lamb chops were terrific. they had an outdoor streety party that my wife and i danced the night away.

3  Thank ChicagoDave0
There are newer reviews for Athena By The Sea

Reviewed October 12, 2010

When my husband and I first went to the Athena Restaurant, with gift certificate from Restaurant.com, we were very surprised to see how casual it looked. We were residing in Lauderdale By The Sea when they built the restaurant, so I guess I expected something a little fancier. The menu also was a surprise, did not know a lot of dishes they listed, but we got through it. The food was okay, no big deal, unless you are Greek and know what to order that may make your taste buds happier. The seating outdoors was nicer than indoors, I really did not like indoors scenery at all. We may visit Athena By The Sea again, did find a pork dish I liked, and also because we have one more Restaurant.com Gift Certificate for the restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Me and my girlfriend had a great time here the belly dancer was entertaining there was a live band very fun atmosphere.The food was good we had a flaming cheese dish put on quite the show and also an order of lamb chops which were quite good. The service was great and the wait wasnt bad at all would go again.

1  Thank 34227JohnBranson
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The food was OK, the service was good, but when the check came, we were already charged 20% gratuity for the service.

We won't be back.....

The amount of the gratuity is our decision and to be "charged" 20% without any option for our input was "unacceptable."

Don't go here unless you're willing to spend $200.00 plus for an average dining experience.....

Mary Ness

1  Thank nessmary
Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's not difficult in South Florida to find overpriced restaurants with mediocre food and bad service, but Athena by the Sea is by far the WORST dining experience I have EVER had in this area. We had reservations for a large party, and the Ukranian or Russian server had a huge attitude from the beginning. It took over an hour for her to even take our order, then when someone notified her that we'd probably need to be paying seperately she screamed at him, but finally said she could take different credit cards. She got drinks and orders wrong, and members of our party started going up to the bar to get their own drinks. It took almost TWO HOURS to get our food, and when she couldn't remember who ordered what, she was rude and confrontational with people. To top it off, when we got the bill, she got really angry when people wanted to use different credit cards, so a bunch of people left the restaurant to go to the ATM to get cash - but even THIS wasn't good enough for her! She thought it took too long to figure out how much FIFTEEN people owed each on the bill (STUNNING - I don't know what kind of server thinks fifteen people will all pay together), and she stood about 5 feet from the table shaking her head and rolling her eyes, and kept asking "OK ARE YOU DONE ALREADY??!" With the mediocre food being grossly overpriced, I guess we paid extra for the attitude. Fifteen locals will NEVER return to this restaurant because of the ABYSMAL service.