“Lunch on a rainy day”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Popped in here for lunch during a rainstorm. We were moved to an alternative table as water was dripping on ours - from air con or rain, not sure.
Food was fine but nothing special. Only had a main course.

1  Thank ThurlbyReviewer
There are newer reviews for Athena By The Sea

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The seafood we ordered was high quality and the other Greek dishes were good also. The entrees were not cheap and with tax and tip you are looking at least $ 40 per person for dinner if you don't get salads and appetizers. They have recently renovated and we were told they upgraded the menu. Overall an OK experience, but it could have been so much better.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

In the mood for greek cuisine so headed here. Before looking at the menu I said I would start with a Greek salad. Then ordered a drink, the spinach pie, and baklava. The greek salad came but was mostly lettuce. I mentioned to the waitress that a greek salad doesn't have lettuce and she responded that I should have asked for an "authentic" greek salad. No offer to replace it. So I ate my ordinary salad ($15. with tax & tip) and wasn't too happy. Then one of the owners or managers came by and asked how it was. I repeated that greek salads don't have lettuce. He smiled and left. Gotcha? The spinach pie was good and the baklava was excellent. It would have been perfect if they had offered to bring me a real greek salad, but I can't see myself returning after this as I feel they were also overpriced.

2  Thank JuanAndOnly
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our server was sweating profusely from the moment he arrived, Appeared to be severely short staffed, two of the waiter were arguing and swearing at each other, We thought being in a Greek restaurant the lamb would be great in fact our server assured us it was the signature dishes. We order two different styles of lamb,.chops and Slovakia . I couldn't eat it I told the server "This is the Worst Lamb I have Ever Eaten" after he had sent some kid by to see if everything was ok... He had seen me NOT eating it for some time and was avoiding us.I asked to speak to the manager and he took forever to return to inform us "The Manger was on the phone," The best they could do was credit our bill $12.00 . Never ever will go there again! Brutal service and food.

1  Thank Brad L
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bought a certificate for this place on Restaurants.com, only to find out that they no longer accept them because of some kind of falling out they had. The manager was kind enough to offer us a $15 discount to make up for it. We ordered drinks and the hummus/pita app. One drink was so strong it couldn't be consumed, the other tasted like they forgot the rum. So naturally, we mixed our two drinks together. The server saw us doing this, asked what was wrong, but didn't bother to offer new drinks. No biggie. The hummus and pita were great. We ordered dinner. They were out of the snapper on the menu that my boyfriend wanted to order. I ordered a dish and specified "no mushrooms." When our server placed our food down, he said... Here you go, no mushrooms. Guess what? There were a ton of them, it was almost like they had put on extra. Server apologized and asked if we wanted another round of drinks. Assuming that was to make up for the poor experience we were having, we got the second round of drinks. Only to be charged for them. I don't mind paying for a good meal, but this menu was definitely overpriced for what you get. We paid and left. We both work in restaurants and in hospitality, and didn't feel like making a stink about everything, we just won't be going back.

1  Thank Socal821