“I wouldn't feed this food to my worst enemy.”
Review of Athena By The Sea

Athena By The Sea
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We should have known better. We got that feeling, the one that tells you "Nothing good can come out of this" as we were seated in our mauve booths from the 1970's and were greeted with the aroma of cheap cigars. My husband and I had lunch at Athena by the Sea on Sunday. It has been such a long time since we have witnessed such a horrible display of food, service, and management skills. How they pass health inspections is a mystery to me, there must be some bribery involved. The service was nonexistent, ever heard of getting drink refills for your table or checking on them throughout their meal? The veggie omelet lacked any taste and the eggs were disgustingly runny. Hope you like burned toast. Oh yeah, and cold food! I believe the owner/manager visited our table and claimed that 70% of the meal was consumed- I supposed implying that the reasons for our grievances were because we did not want to pay the bill. It is kind of hard to let your server know what is wrong with your meal when they ask how everything is 2 seconds after it is delivered and then never comes back until you have to get another server to go and find her. Bravo, Athena by the Sea!

2  Thank ilikemangos1906
There are newer reviews for Athena By The Sea

Reviewed December 12, 2010

My wife and I have been to Greece and I can tell you we never had fries, potatoes baked in an oven, yes. We often eat Greek food, including Chicago and Washington, D.C. In the last two years. This food is a conglomeration of cultures, not truly Greek.

They try to give you a decent meal. I agree with a previous poster. Tourists keep this place going.

You wouldn't recognize this food in Greece or as Greek food.

The gyro was sliced processed food like I've never seen before.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Bland ho hum food. Place seemed cleaned up compared to some prior reviews. It's one block from the beach in a touristy area so there's never an end of mouths to feed. I'm local and wouldn't bother going back for uninspired tasteless fare.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

We had planned on eating at Aruba Beach Cafe but changed our minds after a long wait for a server. We are so glad we did because the food at Athena by the Sea was awesome, in particular the chicken souvlaki platter.

2  Thank amitchell81
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This place is awesome!!!My friends and my family love the food,atmosphere and service.I love sea food.Belive it or not their Lamb chops are fabulous.Definetly 5 stars in my book,and i have dined around south Florida and the world!!! I cannot get enough of their food.There are many greek restaurans around but none are on the same level as Athena by the sea.

3  Thank robertha1