“Revisiting the Grille”
Review of Village Grille

Village Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Revisiting the Grille”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is our second time in Lauderdale by the Sea and we couldn’t skip the Village Grill (and, although the surroundings were under heavy remodeling and, as a consequence, the magic of that corner was absent, we even chose it for a Thank You dinner for some friends). The service is always good and so is the food (We all liked the Boston baked cod we ordered). This time they made a discount for a bottle of wine. All in all, It is a must, especially when you don’t want to worry for a parking space.

• Finnish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best steamed mussels anywhere”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Although I live nearby, I went to the Village Grille for the first time this week for a light dinner and to meet a friend. Our waitress was as nice as can be and took care of us perfectly.

I ordered one of my favorite dishes, steamed mussels. The wine and garlic sauce was absolutely perfect. The generous order of mussels (Appetizer, $10) was enough for a meal and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ever since I left the restaurant I have been constantly thinking about the next chance I will have to return. My friend had a chicken sandwich, which he also said was delicious.

The overall menu looked quite varied, and reasonably priced, with a lot of seafood and land items. It would be a super place for a casual lunch or dinner.

Calgary
“Great service great food”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

On our recent trip to Lauderdale we enjoyed 2 dinners, one lunch and one breakfast at the Grill... All meals were consistently good and service great.... The dinners were exceptionally good...had raw oysters and the fruita del mar ...which was out of this world...so much seafood! Just the right amount of pasta..perfect! And our incredibly friendly and knowledgable server, Falon, recommended the stuffed crepes dessert which was the perfect light finish to an incredible meal! Prices are so reasonable, service so good, this will be our first stop when we return to Lauderdale by the Sea!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“First and Last Time”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had dinner there last night for the first time. The service was pleasant and the manager friendly and accommodating. However, my husband and I both had our fish prepared blackened style rather than grilled. We've had blackened fish many, many times over the years. While it is generally tasty and somewhat salty, this fish was so extremely salty that it was like a eating pure salt. I had a sandwich so the over salting was somewhat neutralized by lettuce tomato and tartar sauce. My husband had a platter and the piece of fish he was served was extremely thin, making the seasoning overpowering. We both ordered cole slaw and it was really yummy. Too bad about our dishes. Nice atmosphere but the meal was disappointing. Didn't want to take the time to send it back, the people were nice and they probably would have exchanged it.

1 Thank saverguy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coffee bath”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We come to the Grill once a month or so for Sunday brunch, we have enjoyed our past visit but today was our last. Sitting at the bar we decided to have coffee and brunch. The wait for our food was noticeably longer than in the past so I had time to remove the dead ants floating in my coffee. Food comes, we eat, ask the bartender for the check. She accidentally knocks a 3/4 full cup of coffee on my girlfriends lap. Bad day for her to wear white cotton pants. She is SOAKED. Accidents happen. The bartender apologizes, cleaned up the spill on the bar, placed our full check in front of us and end of story. Nothing else, no concern that it was hot coffee, no visit from any management or ownership, no offer of any type. Nothing but sympathetic looks from other guests dining at the bar. We will miss you Village Grill but you should reconsider how you and your staff handles itself when when you have an accident of this type. We simply can't justify patronizing you again.

1 Thank Peter O