“Nice place right on the beach”
Review of Southern Seas

Southern Seas
Green Bay, WI
“Nice place right on the beach”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was visiting the Lauderdale area for a business conference and decided to book a place on the beach and stay a few extra days. The Southern Seas resort is not fancy but it is clean and has everything you can ask for when looking for a relaxing beach vacation. It could use some minor cosmetic updating but over all, the place was very nice.

Beach: The beach is fantastic and the Sourthern Seas is right on the beach. Some places get high reviews but they are across the street and I don't want to be across the street from the beach, I want to be on the beach. I suppose dragging chairs and such is fine for some but I want to walk out my door and have my feet in the sand and here you can do that. They have chairs on the beach that you can use and they give you towels and there are umbrellas. Nice.

Pool: Very nice heated pool. Not huge but not small either. It was very clean and they had lots of pool floating devices you could use if you wanted to. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas so you didn't feel crowded. Only steps to the beach.

Service: My room was cleaned daily except there was no service on Sunday. They did a nice job and the staff was very helpful. They also offer free parking for their guests.

Room: I was in room 19 which was an efficiency overlooking the beach on the 2nd floor. The room had a small kitchen with stove, large refirgerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc. It had plenty of cookware and dishware, more than I needed. The room was very quiet which I really liked. You couldn't hear much of anything going on from others. There was a ceiling fan, flat screen tv, air conditioner with a remote, nice king size bed which was very comfortable. The room could have used some updating by means of a fresh coat of paint and new blinds which were older. The windows didn't open which was a drawback as I would have loved to hear the ocean while having my coffee in the morning. The bathroom was really nice and looked updated with beautiful tile. They also had a safe in the room which I appreciated.

Lauderdale by the Sea: This is a nice community, a mature crowd with walking access to stores of all kind. There was a Publix, Dollar Tree, Pharmacy, plenty of eating and shopping places right near by. I had a car but didn't need it if I wanted to walk. The beach is gorgeous and kept very clean. It was windy when I was visiting so I didn't go far into the water as the waves were huge.

Absolutely I would return to the area and to the Southern Seas Resort. I had a very nice, relaxing stay and the management was very accomodating. The best thing was being right on the beach which to me, is very important.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor in room 19. I would pick a first floor room when staying again. People on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank annhe
Teresa D, Manager at Southern Seas, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with Southern Seas Resort we value each and every guest and are happy to know you choose to stay with us.. Our main goal is to provide a comfortable and enjoyable environment. We are always looking to improve the esthetics, of the Resort and have many rooms completed already, we appreciate any input and or critics and are continuously working to making adjustment. Thank you we hope to see you back on your next vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed January 12, 2014

First time staying at the Southern Seas and first time staying in Lauderdale by the sea and we loved it! Very quaint and well taken care of property. We had a 2 queen room and no problems to speak of other than a coffee maker cord that had no way of reaching an outlet without moving the maker to the floor. That was a little strange. Also a little disappointed that being so close to the ocean, the windows facing it were unable to be open so we couldn't hear the waves at night. That would have been great. But the beds and other room amenities were great. Loved the warm water in the pool too! Felt awesome after a chilly swim in the ocean!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor definitely provides better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 5p0rtyDogs
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm not quite sure how many times I have stayed here, maybe 25 or so. The service is always great, everyone is so friendly. Theresa is doing a completely awesome job running this place. There are always new upgrades with this property . You will not be disappointed in choosing to stay here .

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank bahamagirl12
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stumbled upon this resort, what a serene and beautiful spot. Rooms are super clean and the staff is incredibly accomodating. We stayed in a newly remodel room, nice touches to make like home. Nice view of the Ocean, lounge chairs are available and beach towels. We were able to walk to nearby restaurants...
We cannot wait to return our new piece of Paradise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Frncesca D
San Francisco
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We loved the look of pool, the BBQ, the patio, the beach and all the wonderful touches in the room. We hated hearing our loud, drunk, neighbors both nights. The click-click of high heels from the room above us was another bummer. People next door walked into our room twice... An annual family reunion took place- and we were very unlucky to be next to the Loud Family. Next!

Room Tip: Skip the Room under the stairs - with the adjoining door...horrible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kerry D
Hubertus, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been going to this resort for 45 years. It is my peace and tranquility, full of sentimental memories of my childhood and special family time. The staff is personable and wonderfully accomodating. Theresa is amazing! It is great for families and walking distance from shopping and nightlife. We love it so much there that we decided to get married there! I couldn't think of a more perfect place. Since you are right on the beach, you don't even have to cross a street to walk onto the sand and swim in the ocean. Amazing place!

Room Tip: go to their website for pictures of all of the accomodations to choose the perfect room for your sta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank financegirl2000
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just returned from the Southern Seas Resort. We had a group of 13 people taking up 5 different rooms. We stayed in Room 18, 2nd floor 1 bedroom, 2 full bath condo w/pull out sofa.

Very spacious but could use a little updating. We had a great view of the ocean from the living room. Kitchen was small but clean, kitchen was well equipped w/everything you needed and then some. Had a 4 person round table, daily paper, living room was good size, newer TV w/DVD player which come in handy on the rainy day w/a 3 year old. Bedroom was good size w/king size bed, safe in bedroom closet which i believe every hotel should have. There were 2 full bathrooms, one was recently updated and nice but the other still had pink tub and tile but both were clean.

There were 2 wall AC units that worked great but were a bit loud but honestly, came in handy to block out the outside noises on late nights. Biggest issue w/the room was it needed new carpets. I also needed new blinds since some were broken but still kept the lights out at night.

Teresa at the front desk was amazing. She was very nice and gave some suggestions. Common grounds were clean, pool was clean and at a good temp. They had pool towels for us to use and were able to bring onto the beach. There pool was a decent size. There were several BBQ grills we can use. Beach was right there and was clean. Hotel was in walking distance to some restaurants, bars, ice cream shops and shopping stores.

We spent a majority of our time in Room 12. This room was on the first floor, tucked in the corner. This room was also clean, and had everything you needed for your stay. Only 1 bathroom in this unit.

Also saw rooms 13 and 16 and also seemed clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family