I was visiting the Lauderdale area for a business conference and decided to book a place on the beach and stay a few extra days. The Southern Seas resort is not fancy but it is clean and has everything you can ask for when looking for a relaxing beach vacation. It could use some minor cosmetic updating but over all, the place was very nice.
Beach: The beach is fantastic and the Sourthern Seas is right on the beach. Some places get high reviews but they are across the street and I don't want to be across the street from the beach, I want to be on the beach. I suppose dragging chairs and such is fine for some but I want to walk out my door and have my feet in the sand and here you can do that. They have chairs on the beach that you can use and they give you towels and there are umbrellas. Nice.
Pool: Very nice heated pool. Not huge but not small either. It was very clean and they had lots of pool floating devices you could use if you wanted to. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas so you didn't feel crowded. Only steps to the beach.
Service: My room was cleaned daily except there was no service on Sunday. They did a nice job and the staff was very helpful. They also offer free parking for their guests.
Room: I was in room 19 which was an efficiency overlooking the beach on the 2nd floor. The room had a small kitchen with stove, large refirgerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc. It had plenty of cookware and dishware, more than I needed. The room was very quiet which I really liked. You couldn't hear much of anything going on from others. There was a ceiling fan, flat screen tv, air conditioner with a remote, nice king size bed which was very comfortable. The room could have used some updating by means of a fresh coat of paint and new blinds which were older. The windows didn't open which was a drawback as I would have loved to hear the ocean while having my coffee in the morning. The bathroom was really nice and looked updated with beautiful tile. They also had a safe in the room which I appreciated.
Lauderdale by the Sea: This is a nice community, a mature crowd with walking access to stores of all kind. There was a Publix, Dollar Tree, Pharmacy, plenty of eating and shopping places right near by. I had a car but didn't need it if I wanted to walk. The beach is gorgeous and kept very clean. It was windy when I was visiting so I didn't go far into the water as the waves were huge.
Absolutely I would return to the area and to the Southern Seas Resort. I had a very nice, relaxing stay and the management was very accomodating. The best thing was being right on the beach which to me, is very important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Seas is located directly on the ocean with one of the largest beach frontages in Broward county, including over 150 ft of private beach overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Close to fun & yet far away from the crowds. Start the day relaxing by the ocean under our palm trees. Enjoy a nice swim in our heated swimming pool, or walk our expansive beach. We can assist you with connecting with many of the activities in the area, like snorkeling, diving, exploring our revered treasure, the three natural living coral reefs, just 100 yards off-shore. We offer free parking, beach chairs, wi-fi. Many have made their stay a tradition. Join us at this beautiful piece of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Southern Seas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Seas Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Souters Hotel On The Ocean
- Southern Seas Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida