Just returned from this hotel..We stayed on El Mar last year and really liked where we stayed but the room we wanted seemed to have a bit of a price hike so we thought we would try Southern Seas. Some of this is the same as a lot of other reviewers have said. Teresa in the office was very nice and personable, pool was small but clean, the hotel in general was kept nice and clean and is right on the gorgeous beach, the wi-fi does indeed work now, nice that they provide lounge chairs to drag onto the beach & beach towels, free morning newspaper left at your door is a nice touch, quick walk to town, restaurants, stores and Publix for groceries...Now for the cons: they DO NOT provide shampoo or conditioner, only soap... I don't think I have ever stayed in a place that didn't, bathroom was very small and toilet was "slow"(we had to ask for a plunger),..our room (#28) was dated..it had a big, old, clunky TV...no flatscreen here!.. it had an old rusty A/C unit,..our room had a door to an adjoining room which we noticed was unlocked, we told the front desk & also the maid about it and they said they would lock it...that NEVER got done. We ended up putting our luggage and moving a big chair in the room in front of the door to feel more secure. This hotel has a lot of good reviews but to us it just not up to what we are used to...maybe it was just the room we stayed in. But as the title of my review said, we thought it was just "OK"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Seas is located directly on the ocean with one of the largest beach frontages in Broward county, including over 150 ft of private beach overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Close to fun & yet far away from the crowds. Start the day relaxing by the ocean under our palm trees. Enjoy a nice swim in our heated swimming pool, or walk our expansive beach. We can assist you with connecting with many of the activities in the area, like snorkeling, diving, exploring our revered treasure, the three natural living coral reefs, just 100 yards off-shore. We offer free parking, beach chairs, wi-fi. Many have made their stay a tradition. Join us at this beautiful piece of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Seas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Seas Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Souters Hotel On The Ocean
- Southern Seas Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida